• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Unless he bags shed loads, I don’t see this as a positive move. We’ve done this before. Get in older players, they get injured or are over their best.. we suffer. How many ‘black books’ we got? Not many and pages stuck together by the looks of things. Not overly impressed with the summer dealings.
Stop that negativity/truth…..you will be lambasted. Let’s be totally honest, until we get money we will be in this League forever. Kevs got to work with old cripples or speculative potential Freddie Eastwoods….my prediction, 10th in the League…..!

Stop that negativity/truth…..you will be lambasted. Let’s be totally honest, until we get money we will be in this League forever. Kevs got to work with old cripples or speculative potential Freddie Eastwoods….my prediction, 10th in the League…..!
Wouldn’t be bad 10th just outside playoffs

Hope it works both ways then!
No reason why not. Clauses aren't exclusive to loan deals. Undecided if I'd want Dalby playing against us. He isnt free scoring but does set them up, plus ex players nearly always score against us; good or bad 😡

Got yourselves a good honest pro lads. Will hit double figures if starting regular. An absolute nightmare to defend against.
That’s good to hear. We’ve been missing someone like that.

Do you feel Dalby will be a nailed on starter for you guys? He’s more of a hold up/lay off/flick on type of player than a physical unit like Hyde and probably more effective with a partner up top. Not sure how that fits in with how you’re set up to play.

Welcome to the club Jake ,heres hoping you have a very successful and injury free time with us ,Oh ! and if you reading this post you will find there are some real Jekyl and Hyde characters in shrimpermoan .

We've literally signed only one player over the age of 27 this summer and it is on loan. That is the truth.

Five players in their prime age of 25-27 and two players who are 21 and 22, one of whom was the young player of the season in our division and the other the stand out in the division below.

I think we need another striker and defender on loan, but the transfer window doesn't close until March(?) and players could suddenly become available after a couple of weeks of the EFL season and managers deciding which players need game time out on loan.

Obviously it is hard to judge whether this has been a good transfer window, but compare this to last summer's transfer window and it is already miles better.

I said 11th.. I think we’re on a similar page with that one. Nothing changes.

It seems neither SUFC or JH are sure of each other so a loan deal is reasonable. Nothing lost if it doesnt work out.

Blimey - you and the other negative posters should start a little club! And it would be a little one because I think you're in the minority!

Dan Mooney - one of the hottest young talents in the National League
Louis Lomas - part of the stingiest defence in the National League North last season
Cavaghn Miley - loads of experience at this level for his age, played really well pre-season
Harry Taylor - ditto Miley
Wes Fonguck - flair player who has played well against us before
Gus Scott-Morriss - really highly rated young wing back with bags of potential
Cris Wreh - young hungry centre forward who wants to prove he can make it
Jake Hyde - experienced centre forward who commanded a large fee from Wrexham last year

Given these players replaced Ogogo, Coulson, Dunne, Davies, Gard, Atkinson, Egbri etc. it's a bit of a stretch to say the dealings haven't been good.

We're a national league club with limited means and I think we've made some pretty good signings. The proof will be in about 10 games time to see if we really are competitive but I'm right up for this season - it looks a lot more positive than this time last year, that's for sure!
Agree 100% Great Post, all sounds good to me. COYB, UTB

It seems neither SUFC or JH are sure of each other so a loan deal is reasonable. Nothing lost if it doesnt work out.
What makes you think that? (Genuine question)

I read it that both parties are keen and in order that he doesn’t have to take a pay cut a one year loan to run down his contract with Wrexham paying a fair amount of his wages makes sense.

I think its more to do with Jakes wages ,he has 1 season left on his contract why should he leave and get a wage probably only half as much as he is receiving now ,At the seasons end when his contract expires he is free to ook for another club , we pay half his wage now and Wrexham the other half ,perhaps if he really enjoys it here with SUFC he will then be willing to sign full time on a wage we can afford.

Back