• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Great news welcome to sunny Southend Jake I’m sure you will enjoy your stay.

That’s one way of settling it. We pick up the wages we’re prepared to pay and Wrexham pick up the tab for the rest. I like it a lot. Especially as it limits the risk to us in terms of he gets injured etc.

Welcome Jake, go smash it 👊🏻
Yeah, pretty smart business from us really. Low risk but rewards could be high if he stays fit. Will be hilarious to finish above Wrexham

"I think we’ve done ever so well to get him and he was desperate to come to the club. When we spoke, he couldn’t speak enough about how much he wanted to be here."
I think this, and some other 'quotes' have been put together to answer certain rumours about him not wanting to come and fears that he's been kind of forced on us rather than being a player from the infamous whiteboard.

This one as well... "... it’s always been a club I’ve been looking at from a far."

IF we can keep him fit, it's a great signing at this level. Problem is he feels like Murphy 2.0, great goal record but unfortunately manages 25 games a season.
Hopefully if we can get Murphy back fit and keep Hyde fit, we’ll have no trouble scoring this season. Can’t help but feel a fit and in form Murphy and Hyde will guarantee you a hatful at this level.

I like the fact we now also have two good experienced strikers and two younger developing strikers. If we can get a decent loanee in to cover Cardwell and Murphy’s injuries, we’re good to go.

That’s one way of settling it. We pick up the wages we’re prepared to pay and Wrexham pick up the tab for the rest. I like it a lot. Especially as it limits the risk to us in terms of if he gets a long term injury etc.

Welcome Jake, go smash it 👊🏻
Exactly this.

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!

Hopefully if we can get Murphy back fit and keep Hyde fit, we’ll have no trouble scoring this season. Can’t help but feel a fit and in form Murphy and Hyde will guarantee you a hatful at this level.

I like the fact we now also have two good experienced strikers and two younger developing strikers. If we can get a decent loanee in to cover Cardwell and Murphy’s injuries, we’re good to go.
IF IF IF....they are old has beens in a fit fast League....Phil Brown found that out!

We really have got no intention of getting out of this League have we? Loan cripples, cheap cripples, never got a proper fit side. Starting the season like this with the contacts book collecting dust in a low League like this is unforgiveable. Watching the results come in from the Leagues above on Saturday just gone makes you wanna cry. Col u....Borient, Barrow, Wimbledon etc...and we give away young talent and bring in old cast offs...... yet another season of mediocrity!

What?! 🤣🤣🤣

A loan enables us to kick the can down the road.

Let’s hope it is a successful loan although if it is it won’t be easy to sign him permanently as the wages seemed a sticking point. Most likely we end up shopping for a striker probably a striker in October from two divisions below who’s got off to a hot start or a NL S or N forward in February whose contract is expiring.

Two key questions on Hyde’s loan. First can he play in cup competitions (there’s no reason to think he can’t) but also can he play v Wrexham?

That's the spirit!

Back