• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Can't wait for him to score a hattrick and then get sent off so the Echo can use the headline "Jakeyl and Hyde"

A shame to lose Dalby but fingers crossed this guy fits our system better and we can have a successful season with him in the team.

well lets wait and see what happend as the season unfolds in front of us, I would be happy if we can keep all the players as fit as possible not just Hyde

Good luck to Dalby and im sure he will enjoy his time in Wales

Sorry to see Dalby go but that's football and we move on.Hopefully Hyde is a decent replacement and does the job the team needs.Presume we have the option to make the loan deal a permanent one if it works out for all parties

Unless he bags shed loads, I don’t see this as a positive move. We’ve done this before. Get in older players, they get injured or are over their best.. we suffer. How many ‘black books’ we got? Not many and pages stuck together by the looks of things. Not overly impressed with the summer dealings.

Not overly impressed with the summer dealings.
Blimey - you and the other negative posters should start a little club! And it would be a little one because I think you're in the minority!

Dan Mooney - one of the hottest young talents in the National League
Louis Lomas - part of the stingiest defence in the National League North last season
Cavaghn Miley - loads of experience at this level for his age, played really well pre-season
Harry Taylor - ditto Miley
Wes Fonguck - flair player who has played well against us before
Gus Scott-Morriss - really highly rated young wing back with bags of potential
Cris Wreh - young hungry centre forward who wants to prove he can make it
Jake Hyde - experienced centre forward who commanded a large fee from Wrexham last year

Given these players replaced Ogogo, Coulson, Dunne, Davies, Gard, Atkinson, Egbri etc. it's a bit of a stretch to say the dealings haven't been good.

We're a national league club with limited means and I think we've made some pretty good signings. The proof will be in about 10 games time to see if we really are competitive but I'm right up for this season - it looks a lot more positive than this time last year, that's for sure!

Blimey - you and the other negative posters should start a little club! And it would be a little one because I think you're in the minority!

Dan Mooney - one of the hottest young talents in the National League
Louis Lomas - part of the stingiest defence in the National League North last season
Cavaghn Miley - loads of experience at this level for his age, played really well pre-season
Harry Taylor - ditto Miley
Wes Fonguck - flair player who has played well against us before
Gus Scott-Morriss - really highly rated young wing back with bags of potential
Cris Wreh - young hungry centre forward who wants to prove he can make it
Jake Hyde - experienced centre forward who commanded a large fee from Wrexham last year

Given these players replaced Ogogo, Coulson, Dunne, Davies, Gard, Atkinson, Egbri etc. it's a bit of a stretch to say the dealings haven't been good.

We're a national league club with limited means and I think we've made some pretty good signings. The proof will be in about 10 games time to see if we really are competitive but I'm right up for this season - it looks a lot more positive than this time last year, that's for sure!
And results will show.. not a great pre season was it?

That's the way to do it. Happy with this under the circumstances. Can't be anticipating a player getting injured, that's football and can happen to any player at any time, Pogba to Juve springs to mind.

Unfortunately, the position our club is in does not allow us to plan for the long term. It's all about this season and nothing else. It's frustrating to lose Dalby at this stage, However, he was all about potential, development and link up play. Hyde has more chance of hitting the ground running and consistently scoring goals over the first 10 games of the season, more than any other forward we have available at the moment, that would include Dalby if he had stayed.

It's important that we get off to a decent start. You can see a few people on here who are too quick to go negative and turn against the team. I for one am excited to see Hyde in a Shrimpers shirt and to watch my team again at Roots Hall.

And results will show.. not a great pre season was it?
They will indeed - pre-season is about getting players ready for the season, not the results. Minutes in the legs, patterns of play, trying out different combinations of players etc.

We'll see in 10 games time once the season has settled down.

Reactions: RHB
Not in the slightest bit concerned it's technically a loan. The majority of contracts handed out below the glitz and glamour of Championship and Premiership are one year deals. so this is really no different. Would also be very surprised if the loan could be terminated from Wreckx N Effect's side as it was clearly part of the package to take Dalbinho. It would be like saying it's a straight player swap but we're taking ours back after a week!

Back