• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
I think it’s more anti-inflammatories at the moment
It is a special skill it seems these days, with all the subs are we far from the yank style egg chasing where that is the sole duty of some " players" or kickers.
#slow morning

Last edited:
Reactions: GBJ
Hamstrings! Crewe's midfielder Crocklet BBC report out for over 3 months with hamstring injury,.
Maybe he should have felt the tear twinge and stopped?

Hamstrings! Crewe's midfielder Crocklet BBC report out for over 3 months with hamstring injury,.
Maybe he should have felt the tear twinge and stopped?

With a name like that I’m not surprised. Imagine if we’d signed him and he was injured, it would be full of crock by name, crock by nature posts on here

We are always under an embargo....great result Solihull, great result Halifax i hear them say.....errr yeah but we are Southend NIL and will be until it is too late again!
No money and no fit contacts....ANOTHER FALSE DAWN!
Errrr, we scored at Solihull, just saying ......

I sound like a bit of a broken record but the fact is to gain a play off place teams need to score around 73 goals. We are currently not in the position to do that!

I agree that goals scored is a key element of getting promoted (or into the play-offs).

And it is of "interest" that we have only scored two goals in 4 games but then we are only 4 games into the season. Having a very tight defence can still lead to a good points total & balance out fewer goals at the other end.

I'm not overly concerned at the moment (we have just signed another striker on loan for example) but I want to see the "goals for" tally rise in the next few games.

If only for the entertainment value I would rather have goals popping in regularly & from all parts of the team.

Our forwards have not converted enough, yet, but hopefully their commited style will come good. We really need to be looking around the rest of the team where, alas, we have too many players with little or no scoring history. Even our coaching crew struggled in the playing days. MB roughly 1 in 9 games, DC 1 in 10 and KM 1 in 20. I don't know who takes the training sessions with our strikers but a dedicated striker coach may be essential as apart from a few of our injured forwards our options are with young and inexperienced players that still need to learn more.

Looking around the team we can see raw talent that at this early stage shows promise and potential. This is not a league to be looking for the 1-0 win and I haven't seen any evidence that says we are. Chances are coming and I am sure we will take more of them. The question is can we take enough? For that we need to see goals from all areas of the team and not just the forwards.

Back