• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
I sound like a bit of a broken record but the fact is to gain a play off place teams need to score around 73 goals. We are currently not in the position to do that. !
We are not in a position to score 73 goals this season?
Based on the chances we created last Saturday why would we not score 73 or more?
Did we create the chances because we are that good, or, was it because Oldham were hopeless?
If it was because we are good it means there will be other games like Saturday's, and, if that is the case, 73 goals (or more) might be more than a possibility.
Alternatively if we go through the season conceding at our current ratio of 0.5 a goal a game we would not need anything approaching 73 goals to ensure us sufficient points to qualify for the play offs.

Our forwards have not converted enough, yet, but hopefully their commited style will come good. We really need to be looking around the rest of the team where, alas, we have too many players with little or no scoring history. Even our coaching crew struggled in the playing days. MB roughly 1 in 9 games, DC 1 in 10 and KM 1 in 20. I don't know who takes the training sessions with our strikers but a dedicated striker coach may be essential as apart from a few of our injured forwards our options are with young and inexperienced players that still need to learn more.

Looking around the team we can see raw talent that at this early stage shows promise and potential. This is not a league to be looking for the 1-0 win and I haven't seen any evidence that says we are. Chances are coming and I am sure we will take more of them. The question is can we take enough? For that we need to see goals from all areas of the team and not just the forwards.
We have Stan Collymore who has nearly a 1 in 2 ratio

We are not in a position to score 73 goals this season?
Based on the chances we created last Saturday why would we not score 73 or more?
Did we create the chances because we are that good, or, was it because Oldham were hopeless?
If it was because we are good it means there will be other games like Saturday's, and, if that is the case, 73 goals (or more) might be more than a possibility.
Alternatively if we go through the season conceding at our current ratio of 0.5 a goal a game we would not need anything approaching 73 goals to ensure us sufficient points to qualify for the play offs.
Some fair points made here but you need players in the squad who can actually finish, Mooneys goal for example was well taken. We have had so many players over the past few seasons that have had scoring chances, not necessarily sitters, but who can't finish. It is a skill lacking in some players.

Kevs hopeful 2 weeks nearly up next Saturday at which point the luckless Jake will have been out for 28 days
Be good if he could make it to the bench but looks more like the 6 week brigade have guessed nearest before he actually arrives on the pitch to perform again
Could it ironically be our Home game against Wrexham on the 17th Sept

Who knows he could do well and still get 38 games in but somehow I doubt it

Kevs hopeful 2 weeks nearly up next Saturday at which point the luckless Jake will have been out for 28 days
Be good if he could make it to the bench but looks more like the 6 week brigade have guessed nearest before he actually arrives on the pitch to perform again
Could it ironically be our Home game against Wrexham on the 17th Sept

Who knows he could do well and still get 38 games in but somehow I doubt it
Bit ironic that even if he is fit by the time we play wrexham .He cant play against his parent club .

Back