• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jake Hyde Joins on Season Long Loan

When will Jake be fit again?

• Total voters
Back to subject, I wonder if he (Jake Hyde) will be back in training quite soon.

And I also wonder if the club will try to keep it quietish - or at least not publicise it.

You know, surprise being the enemy of complacency and all that. :Unsure:

I think I saw in recent comments that he has been out running, so my guess is he will join in with the team training within the next week or so.

Hamstrings are delicate and the reinjury risk is very high.

I think I saw in recent comments that he has been out running, so my guess is he will join in with the team training within the next week or so.

Hamstrings are delicate and the reinjury risk is very high.
Hamstrings being tight is often an indication of problems in other areas, anything from foot to neck. All have tensions and are linked in a chain of muscles, ligaments etc BUT the hamstring is often the point where the body "goes".
3/4 weeks of recuperation and control ought to put things right.

Hamstrings being tight is often an indication of problems in other areas, anything from foot to neck. All have tensions and are linked in a chain of muscles, ligaments etc BUT the hamstring is often the point where the body "goes".
I found many years ago if not hamstring it's lower back! Not easy on the body this football lark!

Indeed and add to the fact that most footballers are most likely overly quadricep dominant, with the hamstrings playing more of a supporting role in sprinting, and that can take an effect too.

This isn't Hyde's first hamstring injury. A quick search found one from 2014, 2020 and early last season. So it makes sense that we will be extra cautious with his rehab.

Indeed and add to the fact that most footballers are most likely overly quadricep dominant, with the hamstrings playing more of a supporting role in sprinting, and that can take an effect too.

This isn't Hyde's first hamstring injury. A quick search found one from 2014, 2020 and early last season. So it makes sense that we will be extra cautious with his rehab.
So we are on hamstring 4, 3 of which have been in 2020, 2021 and 2022? I guess due diligence would have still have taken that on board and is doing so now

I found many years ago if not hamstring it's lower back! Not easy on the body this football lark!
Indeed. A few years back I complained to my wife that I'd pulled a hamstring, she did a quick assessment and started treating my lower back. It confused the hell out of me until she explained!

I also recall Michael Owen pulled a hamstring early-ish in his career. It was treated as a hamstring injury, but many years later (after recurring issues) they found the hamstring was just the symptom, not the cause. I also recall him once saying he wishes that was discovered the 1st time around.

Yea, felt he took a while to get going - almost like he needed a 2nd wind, but showed some of what he's about second half.

Definitely encouraging!
Agreed, he had a slow start and eased into the game. The 2 main chances he had were both at the edge of the 6 yard box and, for me, we have lacked a player who looks to get in close to the goal since Murphy got injured. He also didn't get knocked off ball or pushed around.

Back