• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not too surprised as central midfield is looking good with James-Lewis knocking on the door.

Here are the other trialists:

Leonard - Should be signing too according to Chris Phillips
Ricketts - Sturrock has opened talks with him
Currie - no news yet. might be a luxury we can't afford
Thomas - no news yet. doesn't sound good enough for this level
Parkinson - no news yet. should be given another chance to see what he can do

Which one was he? Gareth Bale's mate? :unsure:

Don't be silly, Gareth Bale only hangs out with celebrity mates....

Spoiler:  
pgtips-749256.jpg

No surprise there, never impressed me & Ricketts is the real deal! I wouldn't want to use the budget on a player who not better than what we got.

Disappointed for Thomson, a very good, neat and tidy footballer. Watched him play for Southampton once against (if I can remember Torquay in a cup game) and he had a very good game. Would have brought some pace to the team.

@Dave the Shrimper - I was pointing out, we already have Hall & J. Johnson, with possibly of signing R. Ricketts, we have enough quality and we do have a tight budget & the last things we want, to over stretch our budget, when we might need it to bring a quality loan player in.

thomson i think was the guy with the yellow boots against dartford and wakering a poor excuse for a winger.

I think people are being a little harsh on Thomson. Against Dartford, whenever he got the ball he looked alright and certainly an option. Unfortunately he barely saw the ball in a poor half, which generally wasn't his fault, and then was played out of position against Wakering.

He'd do a decent enough job for someone in this league.

I think people are being a little harsh on Thomson. Against Dartford, whenever he got the ball he looked alright and certainly an option. Unfortunately he barely saw the ball in a poor half, which generally wasn't his fault, and then was played out of position against Wakering.

He'd do a decent enough job for someone in this league.
Indeed, I thought he was ok, but when you're comparing him with the likes of JJ, Ricketts, Harris et al then there's just not really the space for him.

Back