• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bratislava Blue

Manager
I have noticed that despite being part of the leaky defense Jakub has been voted MOTM for the last 2 games. There were a lot of individuals on here criticising the signing however, I for one was all for it (being Czech based I was slightly biased)

Having not seen him play this season yet, are these awards justified or just everyone else was that poor that he stood out a little and deserved it?

I went Saturday and he really put his body on the line, I voted for him, for me he was the standout performer. Made some last ditch tackles, was occassionally a bit late and on another day may have got 2 yellows. Appeared to be the most determined and having a point to prove to earn a longer contract.

The leaky defence is due to having no height or real physical presence in the team, Oxley does not command as he should with his size. All over it is men against boys, badly missing Bentley's presence, Deegan's bite and Payne's creativity.

I think it's a bit of both in all honesty. He dealt with his target man really well on Tuesday and looked like the Sokolik of old. Having said that, I thought White had a strong game as well and we still conceded 3 which I think says more about the team at the minute.

Saturday he had a decent game. However, he got away with one where he tried to see the ball out for a goal kick, was arguably sleeping for the 1st goal, although how that cross has come into the box I have no idea, and was eventually booked for persistent fouling.

I think it could turn out to be a decent signing, but it's hard to judge at the minute as the teams confidence just looks shot to bits.

I went Saturday and he really put his body on the line, I voted for him, for me he was the standout performer. Made some last ditch tackles, was occassionally a bit late and on another day may have got 2 yellows. Appeared to be the most determined and having a point to prove to earn a longer contract.

The leaky defence is due to having no height or real physical presence in the team, Oxley does not command as he should with his size. All over it is men against boys, badly missing Bentley's presence, Deegan's bite and Payne's creativity.

I find this quite amusing to be honest. So many on here and in the stands didn't rate Deegan. Forget the Payne, Worrall and Bentley's at the moment. We are crying out for Deegan, someone who would put a foot in in the middle of the pitch as that is where we are currently being overrun

I find this quite amusing to be honest. So many on here and in the stands didn't rate Deegan. Forget the Payne, Worrall and Bentley's at the moment. We are crying out for Deegan, someone who would put a foot in in the middle of the pitch as that is where we are currently being overrun
This !!!! Some really sad characters had nothing better to do than criticise his beard and shorts, some people really need to get a life !!!! Sorely missed and had no trouble finding another Lg1 club.

Getting rave reviews at Shrewsbury. I was gutted when Brown let him go, Deegs did a great job last season and would have been a shoe in for me this season. Would have held his position to allow Lenny to get forward and he would have broken up play as only he can

Last edited:
This !!!! Some really sad characters had nothing better to do than criticise his beard and shorts, some people really need to get a life !!!! Sorely missed and had no trouble finding another Lg1 club.
I no not sure if this is true, but did he not wont a gaurantee that he would be picked most weeks from PB, and Brown could not give him that.

Getting rave reviews at Shrewsbury. I was gutted when Brown let him go, Deegs did a great job last season and would have been a shoe in for me this season. Would have held his position to allow Lenny to get forward and he would have broken up play as only he can

Yeah, Deegan complimented Leonard's game very well

in fairness, much of the critism of the beard and shorts (mainly the beard) was that it made him stand out and therefore made it more likley that he would be booked/sent off. The refs on the forum concured with this view. I agree we miss him though and could do with him at present

Ok... Enough of the Deegan comments despite personally thinking he did a shift each time he played which is more than what some players are currently doing... :thumbdown:

Back to the original question.... Sokolik..... A HIT or A MISS????

Ok... Enough of the Deegan comments despite personally thinking he did a shift each time he played which is more than what some players are currently doing... :thumbdown:

Back to the original question.... Sokolik..... A HIT or A MISS????

He is committed but has risked being sent off in his two appearances to date.

Was lucky not to concede a goal on Saturday as described above.

At least he gets stuck in and is giving 100 per cent effort which, although a minimum requirement, is not the case with everyone.

Agree that a tall dominant CB is badly needed.

Sokolik had a very good game against Gillingham in the cup, I had him down as my MOTM.

Sokolik had a very good game against Gillingham in the cup, I had him down as my MOTM.

Yes, he would have certainly been considered. I thought him and White had good games, as they were up against a lad who is 6"4. In effect they were victims of their own success as he was subbed for JET.

I was impressed with Cox, had one his chances gone in he would have been my MOM.

I have noticed that despite being part of the leaky defense Jakub has been voted MOTM for the last 2 games. There were a lot of individuals on here criticising the signing however, I for one was all for it (being Czech based I was slightly biased)

Having not seen him play this season yet, are these awards justified or just everyone else was that poor that he stood out a little and deserved it?

vs Port Vale, Paul CLarke didn't want to nominate anyone , but he felt he was the best of a bad lot

Back