• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've mentioned on here a couple of times that I've been trying to tempt Pinewood with a couple of tracks for the Spectre theme tune. I'm not in the music business and I don't have many contacts but I wrote and produced both tracks and did ultimately manage to get the first one (00 Inside) in front of Sam Mendes.

Sam Smith got the gig in the end but here are my efforts.

[video=vimeo;134131325]https://vimeo.com/134131325[/video]

If you like it, please share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc and if you have any thoughts on promoting a viral response, I'm all ears!!

Thanks.

His name is Spectre
He is an erector
Not a protector
Or a deflector

Spectre!

Feel free to use that....pay me later..... :smile:

In all seriousness, will do. Good luck mate!

I've mentioned it on here a couple of times that I've been trying to tempt Pinewood with a couple of tracks I've produced for the Spectre theme tune. I'm not in the music business and I don't have many contacts but I did manage to get one of te tracks in front of Sam Mendes. Bottom line though, it's a very closed shop and the latest rumours have Ellie Goulding as the successful artist.

As I see it, there's another Bond out shortly after Spectre and I'm sure they'll be looking for a track for the closing credits so I'm doing all I can to try to take the tracks viral. I've launched one track today (below) to coincide with the release of the new trailer, and I'll be launching the other one in about a month once I've finished filming.

So here it is...

https://vimeo.com/134131325

If you like it, please share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, etc and if you have any thoughts on promoting a viral response, I'm all ears!!

Thanks.

If you want anyone to do the traditional Bond credits dancing silhouette stuff for the video let me know.

Quite a dark tune which in my opinion suits the current trend with the present bond.

Top work!

What was you actual role in the project mate?

Thanks a lot Scott. The dark aspect was something I intentionally went after. It's pretty much all mine in terms of song composition, lyrics, music and post-production. Helps when you find a great vocalist and guitarist though! Lara did the recording in pretty much 1 or 2 takes and the guitarist gave me everything I asked him for. I know I got very lucky with both.

Saw this post earlier but dont have sound at the office so didnt get around to it but was expecting it to be ****. It wasnt. Strong praise indeed I know :smile:

Very well produced and does sound like a James Bond theme. They are always going to use a big name of the moment though.

I really should be an X factor judge.

It would mean trousers up to your armpits and Amanda Holden groping you. Oh, and the odd multi million salary. Are you sure you really want that?

Edit - Ooops, wrong show. Insert whatever young lady currently associated with X Factor you want.

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting that - seriously good! Which begs the question, if you can spend time writing that sort of standard of music, why haven't you produced a stonking anthem for the Blue Voice yet???

Radiohead are apparantly the favourite?

So you must be in with a chance as they vanished up their own jacksies sometime last decade. :whistling:

Back