• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News James Dunne Signs

[QUOTE="rigsby, post:

As well as our top scorers only managing 3. I'm sure our midfield only managed 3 tackles in a season.
[/QUOTE]
Was it really that many?

He is a squad player with experience.

For so long long we haven't had those type of players.

Timlin
Atkinson
Gutteridge
Petttifer

The list goes on. If he gives 100% and sticks to his role, I will be happy.

Timlin was no nonsense and a really tough individual. Vital to our team but no world beater.

We had no world beaters in L1, then signed no world beaters in L2. We now need people who can win in the NL.

Fans hoping for rough diamond gambles from Maldon or Canvey as part of a 5 year DoF plan will be disappointed. We get two years and then we might have to have a 5 year plan. But right now in the summer of 2021 we need the unpackaged, ready to go, fully tested article. If they show some signs of wear and tear thats fine with me.

Don't know what people are moaning about. This is exactly the type of signing we should be making and I'm hoping Chris Stokes will follow from Forest Green. They're not world beaters but they are experienced pros who will put in a strong tackle, put their bodies on the line and be leaders. Players like that sprinkled with a smidge of speed, creativity and goals and you're looking quite good for the VNL. Barnet fans aren't worth listening to really, they're bitter and twisted after a relegation near-miss. Comments of "legs gone" should be contextualised against Barnet's cut in budget and coaching staff, and the wider effects of the VNL's Covid horror show on its member clubs' day-to-day operations and training. What with the type of midfielder he is, I can't believe his legs are gone at 30 and if Brown follows through with his plans to beast them on fitness training in pre-season, I'm sure he'll get up to speed.

We had no world beaters in L1, then signed no world beaters in L2. We now need people who can win in the NL.

Fans hoping for rough diamond gambles from Maldon or Canvey as part of a 5 year DoF plan will be disappointed. We get two years and then we might have to have a 5 year plan. But right now in the summer of 2021 we need the unpackaged, ready to go, fully tested article. If they show some signs of wear and tear thats fine with me.
Would very much doubt that Maldon or Canvey have anyone we would be remotely interested in but I would like to think we are looking closely at other NL clubs for potential recruits.
It would cheer me up if Phil could one day find a way to make at least one signing where there was some hope of a resale value.

We don't need a project. We just need to keep doing the same short term things, sacking managers, appointing managers with completely different ethoses, and paying loads of money in compensation every eight months.

Nobody can say it hasn't served us well over the past three years.

Molesley definitely the one in the wrong. Long term is for losers.

He believes in the ‘project’ ! Funny isn’t it how you hear terminology to describe a footballing emotion, state of mind or an activity that has been going on in the game since the year dot.... take each game as it comes, over the moon, sick as a parrot... they work for a while then they become a cliche and then they get trotted out to the point you want to bloody scream. Project, process... get the thesaurus out and come up with something new. Please. They’ve become meaningless.

Last edited:
We don't need a project. We just need to keep doing the same short term things, sacking managers, appointing managers with completely different ethoses, and paying loads of money in compensation every eight months.

Nobody can say it hasn't served us well over the past three years.

Molesley definitely the one in the wrong. Long term is for losers.

Come on Jai.

Surely when something goes badly wrong it’s possible that more than one person may be to blame?

Come on Jai.

Surely when something goes badly wrong it’s possible that more than one person may be to blame?

Of course.

Not sure why the idea of a long-term project is such a dirty word to some fans though. Ultimately Molesley was right on that one, it's a shame he was never given the tools to carry it out. There's plenty of reasons fans could criticise him, his desire to build long-term foundations seems a strange hill for his opponents to die on though.

Personally though I'm pleased with the way this pre-season has started and the reset that seems to be being carried out, it's just a shame for all of us it didn't all happen this time last year.

Happy with this one. Seems to be fit for his age and looks an absolute unit. Think he probably summed up his style himself in no fireworks, but will be assured on the ball. We haven’t had a decent leader with a physical presence who can tackle and dictate the tempo in years. Hoping he’s it.

Also, reserve any judgement on the lad until we see him play. Seen a few Barnet fans piping up that he’s ****e, but let’s be honest, Barnet are a ****e team, so you can’t take anything away from that.

Welcome Dunne.

Dont shoot the messenger people, but my Barnet FC mate says he is hopeless.

We have a manager that is an excellent coach on the grass so hopefully PB can tweak a few things in Dunnes game if the Barnet fans opinions aren't misguided by their poor season

Dont shoot the messenger people, but my Barnet FC mate says he is hopeless.

Difficult one to judge really as he’s been playing in a really poor team. 99% of us would say Goodship was hopeless, but if Weymouth are challenging at the right end of the table next season and have a solid team, he could be great for them

Hopefully it will click for him and the way PB wants to play.

I would have said Gary Hooper was hopeless at one point....

I saw him have 1 good game - away at Leeds in the League Cup. That's all I can remember.

As people have said, it is about building a team not just about the skill of each individual.

Back