• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

James "Jimmy" Walker - A little Praise if you will...

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
James Walker seems to have come in for a little bit of criticism over recent weeks, some of it maybe deserved, some of it a little OTT, but almost completely un noticed, he has now notched 3 in 4 games, and no matter the opposition, that's a tidy little run he has got himself on.

I think a lot on here, possibly myself included, thought his days at the Hall were numbered, but it would seem that he has reacted in completely the right way, got his head down, and when the opportunity was given to him, he has taken it.

I thought it was a brave decision to drop him today by Tilly after he scored against Oldham last weekend, and instead of sulking and moaning about it, he came on and scored a very tidy goal indeed.

He seems to have had a shot of confidence and I think this totally backs up the argument about havig competition for places - Our attacking options are very healthy when all are fit, and it seems every striker who gets the chance to play is scoring goals as they know they have to.

Good on James, and I am really pleased for what seems a top young man.

Agree 100%. I think a lot of people on here forget that he is still only 20, and only a little bit older than some of our "kids", and just because we paid a bit of money for him he doesn't get any slack.

I was pleased with his performance today. Against Telford and Oldham he played shockers and scored but I believe that he fulled deserved his goal. Hope it continues as Barney keeps getting injured and Dougies return being delayed weekly.

James Walker seems to have come in for a little bit of criticism over recent weeks, some of it maybe deserved, some of it a little OTT, but almost completely un noticed, he has now notched 3 in 4 games, and no matter the opposition, that's a tidy little run he has got himself on.

I think a lot on here, possibly myself included, thought his days at the Hall were numbered, but it would seem that he has reacted in completely the right way, got his head down, and when the opportunity was given to him, he has taken it.

I thought it was a brave decision to drop him today by Tilly after he scored against Oldham last weekend, and instead of sulking and moaning about it, he came on and scored a very tidy goal indeed.

He seems to have had a shot of confidence and I think this totally backs up the argument about havig competition for places - Our attacking options are very healthy when all are fit, and it seems every striker who gets the chance to play is scoring goals as they know they have to.

Well stated.

It is important that Substitutes when brought on do change things and in a strikers case to score, given that the opposition defence are tiring.

If he can continue to shine from off the bench he could develop into a super sub as he has the pace to cause damage and by consistently doing so, will force his way into the starting 11.

IMO T & B are looking to place more or greater emphasis on both youth and pace in offensive positions, and JW fits both bills. Keep hammering that door James.

I've said before many times that Jimmy's best performances for us have been when coming on as a sub - remember his first couple of appearances? It was almost like watching a new David Fairclough!

When you put it like that,i don't think anyone can disagree,nice observation.

Agreed its nice to see Walker get a few goals and make the most of his opportunity, we have alot of options up front when (if!) everyone is available.

Agree totally. I would like to see Walks be more of a threat just with his pace alone, but 3 in 4 is a good return by anyone's standards.

Back