• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

James walker tomorrow

james walker

• slag off regardless cos i'm a numpty

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • encourage as i actually want to see the blues win

Votes: 42 91.3%

• Total voters

danburyshrimper

Manager
Ok guys + gals

quick question on how we are going to welcome tuesday nights hero + youngster most in need of a boost in confidence from his own fans -- james walker -- at roots hall tomorrow

1. Boo him regardless of his efforts just because thats what the plonker at the back shouted last week and i am a numb brained idiot who cant comprehend the damage to a players moral that gobby morons who call themselves "supporters" can do.

Or

2. Give james every encouragement even if some of the things he tries doesnt come off ... He is an exciting confidence player who on his day can be our u match winner ... Lets make every effort to make it 'his day'

for what its worth walker reminds me of richard cadette ... My favourite ever blues player .. The orient fans slagged him off , he joined us .. We absolutely loved him ...the rest is history

........there's only 1 james walker ........... (apart from the col u keeper )

blue army !!!

I'll be giving him encourgement, i admit in the past i have had my doubts but he is a talent and could come up good for us when we need him most.

Who will partner him thought?

One swallow dosent make a summer.

Walker needs to prove himself over a number of games not just one. Sure the majority of fans will be behind him but he needs a number of performances.

With a player like Walker - and indeed before him Gower and Eastwood - not everything they do will come off. Fans need to accept this and not get on their back when something doesn't work, because the player needs the confidence to try it again next time.

Of course he should be encouraged. He is wearing the blue shirt and deserves our support. The issue here is that we all know he can do what he did tuesday nite, but he does it about once every ten games. He has talent but needs to prove himself to the fans, something he is yet to do.

One other thing. Comparing him to Cadette is a joke, he is no where near Richard Cadette. The guy was one of my first heros and was a great all round player and goal scorer. Mayb James ....... one day.

The real question regarding Walker tomorrow is up front or on the wing?

With only 1 other fit striker in Barnard (I use the term fit loosely) or that Tilson is willing to play because of personal issues (Foran), I would say that if you are going to play with a 4-4-2 system, Walker has to play up front!!

Is there any possibility of a 'last minute loan deal' for a forward happening(or happened) that we are yet to hear about? If not its Walker up front alone with a packed midfield as I don't think Barney will play!!

With only 1 other fit striker in Barnard (I use the term fit loosely) or that Tilson is willing to play because of personal issues (Foran), I would say that if you are going to play with a 4-4-2 system, Walker has to play up front!!

Adameno is a forward and is better than Foran. Scannell also played up front last season.

Is there any possibility of a 'last minute loan deal' for a forward happening(or happened) that we are yet to hear about? If not its Walker up front alone with a packed midfield as I don't think Barney will play!!

IIRC a player would have had to be signed before midday to be eligible for tomorrow, so no.

Yes, was just about to mention Sodje. He was signed quite late on a Friday evening and went straight into the side against Oldham the following day.

I seem to remember we've had a fair few sign late on the Friday and then play on the Saturday. So unlike us to leave things late. ;)

Walker is a ball-carrier,just what we've been crying out for!
Christophe likes to sit a bit deep,Moussa needs to sit a bit deep.
Betsy carries the ball but doesn't create mayhem.Walker does.So for the balance of the team Walker's style of play is ideal as he attracts defenders to him and leaves room for others.

Walker's one of the reasons why our midfield scored so many goals last season,he takes the ball to the opposition and although he may well lose it at least it's in the opposition's danger area and we can recycle the ball from there.

And there you go.

Watch his goal against Orient again.

And again.

It's a really, really good goal! No - it's better than that...in fact it's .... fab!

James Walker - I salute you!

Back