• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

James Walker

Anto Flood was playing for a german club a few months back and said in a newspaper interview his time at Southend did not work out as he was not signed by the manager but the chief executive.

Anto Flood was playing for a german club a few months back and said in a newspaper interview his time at Southend did not work out as he was not signed by the manager but the chief executive.

That's intesting. Not that I agree with anyone but the manager signing players it seems that all the players rumoured to be non Sturrock signings have or are being frozen out.

Tilson got out of League 2 in his first full season as Manager. As I recall, he didn't have to spend a lot of money to do it either. This love in for Sturrock and hatred for Tilly really grinds my gears.

I don't hate Tilson. His time at Southend brought some of if not the most exciting times I have experienced in my whole time as a Southend United fan. I will never take that away from him, his ability to spend money on players was pretty terrible. When given a bit of cash it was always a flop, the freebies and loanees were spot on. I just wonder if Sturrock would suffer the same problem?

I don't hate Tilson. His time at Southend brought some of if not the most exciting times I have experienced in my whole time as a Southend United fan. I will never take that away from him, his ability to spend money on players was pretty terrible. When given a bit of cash it was always a flop, the freebies and loanees were spot on. I just wonder if Sturrock would suffer the same problem?

Agreed he did make some poor signings for cash but signing a striker in the champions for £200K its pretty much peanuts at that level. The equivalent in League 2 terms is about £20K. Didnt we have to pay about the same for Straker.

I lived with a Plymouth Argyle fan when I was at uni and Sturrock was in charge of them (first spell) at the time. My mate raved about him in the way I did about Tilly at the same time. However I've met up with him more recently and he said that Sturrock's reckless spending during his second spell, when they were a Championship side, was part of the reason they've had money troubles recently.

One of the signings he always pointed to was Emile MPenza who was obviously very highly rated throughout Europe at one point in his career so I'd imagine took home a hefty wage.

people have to knock the Tilson era cos they we are stuck in league 2 for 3 years, wetting our effing knickers about going to Wembley in the nothing cup when Tilson put SUFC in the CCC, spanked Man U, lost to Spurs to an offside goal and screwed over a Brazilian manager called Scolari at Stamford Bridge - while packing Roots Hall out and bringing in exciting young loanees ...... and was LOYAL to the club until the end ....

you can blow smoke up Stirrups backside all you like but compared with Tilson hes an absolute no-one -zero - ZERO -

yep I feel better for that ....

and on top of that Steve Tilson was from round here - one us - (prob. another reason to disrespect him - heh )

James Walker has quit Eastbourne Borought where he was managed by Tommy Widdrington, another idiot that Sturrock brought in

people have to knock the Tilson era cos they we are stuck in league 2 for 3 years, wetting our effing knickers about going to Wembley in the nothing cup when Tilson put SUFC in the CCC, spanked Man U, lost to Spurs to an offside goal and screwed over a Brazilian manager called Scolari at Stamford Bridge - while packing Roots Hall out and bringing in exciting young loanees ...... and was LOYAL to the club until the end ....

you can blow smoke up Stirrups backside all you like but compared with Tilson hes an absolute no-one -zero - ZERO -

yep I feel better for that ....

and on top of that Steve Tilson was from round here - one us - (prob. another reason to disrespect him - heh )

Tilson is currently the manager of Isthmian League Premier Division side Canvey Island.....

Tilson is currently the manager of Isthmian League Premier Division side Canvey Island.....

not sure what this means ..... but it reads like a nasty snide little comment - very sad -

Funny thing is I assumed that everyone would admire the guy for getting involved with a local club and putting something back and if you love the game..... you would.

Are you Scottish ?

not sure what this means ..... but it reads like a nasty snide little comment - very sad -

Funny thing is I assumed that everyone would admire the guy for getting involved with a local club and putting something back and if you love the game..... you would.

Are you Scottish ?

Only a couple;

Widdrington
Bouzid
Gilbert
Evans
Clarke Harris
N'Diaye
Comminges

MAYBE THAT'S ENOUGH FOR NOW

Only a couple;

Widdrington
Bouzid
Gilbert
Evans
Clarke Harris
N'Diaye
Comminges

MAYBE THAT'S ENOUGH FOR NOW

The same Widdrington responsible for bring Clohessy and Hall to Sturrock's attention? As for the others, name me one manager who hasn't bad a few bad signings.

Back