• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

James Walker

The man once dubbed 'the future of Southend' has left Eastbourne Borough by mutual consent.

Apparently he has family issues, so lets hope he can sort those out and he can resume his career in the near future.

Dreadful player. Couldn't stand him and one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Southend shirt.

Also he was really off when signing an autograph for my son once and I've never forgotten that either.

Only remember him for 3 things. That miss against Doncaster, the penalty when Freedman gave him the ball and it was one of the weakest penalties I've ever seen and that goal against Orient when he cut in from the left and bent a lovely shot into the bottom corner in the last minute.

Only remember him for 3 things. That miss against Doncaster, the penalty when Freedman gave him the ball and it was one of the weakest penalties I've ever seen and that goal against Orient when he cut in from the left and bent a lovely shot into the bottom corner in the last minute.

Think we lost 1-0 to Hereford that day and it was the most obvious missed penalty of all-time!

More money Tilson wasted. I wonder how well Sturrock would of done with the sort of money Tilson had.

Walker started off well for the club and played a big part in us making the playoffs that season. Sadly it did go all downhill from then.

It was closer to £40,000 after his heart condition was found out when failing his fitness test.

Im sure Sturrock would of had that money to spend if he had bought the same amount of success Tilson had after 3 years.

How many bad signings has Sturrock made in his League 2 years over Tilson years in league 2?

Walker started off well for the club and played a big part in us making the playoffs that season. Sadly it did go all downhill from then.

It was closer to £40,000 after his heart condition was found out when failing his fitness test.

Im sure Sturrock would of had that money to spend if he had bought the same amount of success Tilson had after 3 years.

How many bad signings has Sturrock made in his League 2 years over Tilson years in league 2?

Tilson got out of League 2 in his first full season as Manager. As I recall, he didn't have to spend a lot of money to do it either. This love in for Sturrock and hatred for Tilly really grinds my gears.

Tilson got out of League 2 in his first full season as Manager. As I recall, he didn't have to spend a lot of money to do it either. This love in for Sturrock and hatred for Tilly really grinds my gears.

There's no hatred of Tilson. I think Tilly's achievements are understated by many on here now but I'm sure if we did a poll today on 'best Southend manager' or 'most popular ex-Shrimper' Tilly would walk away with both.

All that said, whilst Tilly did get us out of the league at the first full attempt the core of the squad was already here when he took over. Prior, Flavs, Maher, Gower, Jupp. Tilly did make some cracking signings though.

Sturrock's bad signings (excluding loanees) - zaaboub, johnson, bouzid (more pointless than bad), soares, martin, benyon, baldwin, flood (pointless), comminges.

Back