• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Last weekend I praised Leicester City's season to date. Today it is the turn of Jamie Vardy as he becomes the first player to score in 11 consecutive Premier League matches. That is one heck of an achievement and it makes you wonder if it will ever be beaten.

Incredible achievement, especially when you consider how he has risen from the lower leagues to becoming the most lethal striker in the PL. shame he was injured for the 2 England games, I would pick him ahead of fat boy Rooney any day.

Watched the Leicester v Manure game on MOTD - how the hell are Manure 3rd in the PL ? They are dreadful...

Last weekend I praised Leicester City's season to date. Today it is the turn of Jamie Vardy as he becomes the first player to score in 11 consecutive Premier League matches. That is one heck of an achievement and it makes you wonder if it will ever be beaten.

Of course football has only existed since the formation of the premier league, so we can ignore the real record of Jimmy Dunne's 18 goals in 12 consecutive matches.

2 more to go Jamie. You're doing ok, but haven't got the record yet.

Watched the Leicester v Manure game on MOTD - how the hell are Manure 3rd in the PL ? They are dreadful...

I think the PL this season is dreadful, to be quite honest!

Well done to Vardy, is it one more now to beat the old record from the 50s (Mortenson's, I think)?

Last edited:
Great achievement and a great counter attacking goal to get. I think it's brilliant that it was against Manchester United too as it was Ruud's record he was trying to beat. And a real touch of class from the man by congratulating Vardy on the record. Here's to this run continuing.

Of course football has only existed since the formation of the premier league, so we can ignore the real record of Jimmy Dunne's 18 goals in 12 consecutive matches.

2 more to go Jamie. You're doing ok, but haven't got the record yet.

I think the PL this season is dreadful, to be quite honest!

Well done to Vardy, is it one more now to beat the old record from the 50s (Mortenson's, I think)?

Do you pair want to agree off line who is right on the real highest scorer (it was Jimmy Dunne, by the way).

It's a commendable achievement, but I'm not quite comfortable with the level of adulation a racist is getting to be perfectly honest.

It's a commendable achievement, but I'm not quite comfortable with the level of adulation a racist is getting to be perfectly honest.

True. Seems like we've been here before.

SOCCER-Awards-225863_240.jpg

Sorry don't know that story. Can you explain

Edit... I have read the report in the Telegraph....Totally over the top from Mr Liew

Last edited:

Edit... I have read the report in the Telegraph....Totally over the top from Mr Liew

Yes, how dare a man of Asian descent be outraged by a man caught on video hurling racial slurs at another man of Asian descent.

True. Seems like we've been here before.

SOCCER-Awards-225863_240.jpg

Yes, how dare a man of Asian descent be outraged by a man caught on video hurling racial slurs at another man of Asian descent.

All this proves that you don't know what you don't know!! My original post reflected my view of Vardy's goal scoring record only. No association with anything else about the bloke was meant because I don't have a clue about him apart from the scoring achievement.

He's only OUTRAGED because he works for the Telegraph and Vardy is a footballer. Utter nonsense screaming he should be sacked and forced to make grovelling apologies where ever he goes.

Well done on the 11 goals Mr Vardy. The fact that he is English ( I almost used the offensive term Brit) and came up through the ranks from non league is why so many have applauded his achievement.

He's only OUTRAGED because he works for the Telegraph and Vardy is a footballer. Utter nonsense screaming he should be sacked and forced to make grovelling apologies where ever he goes.

Well done on the 11 goals Mr Vardy. The fact that he is English ( I almost used the offensive term Brit) and came up through the ranks from non league is why so many have applauded his achievement.

Here here !

Vardy is brilliant and English too!

God save the Queen and Vardy has no need for any apology.

Here here !

Vardy is brilliant and English too!

God save the Queen and Vardy has no need for any apology.

This is scary, Rigsby and mrsblue are agreeing with one of my posts. My old git, left wing softie, big girl status and rep will need some repair work after this I think.

This is scary, Rigsby and mrsblue are agreeing with one of my posts. My old git, left wing softie, big girl status and rep will need some repair work after this I think.

Sorry RHB,

I agreed with Riggers whilst dismissing ESB's racist rant,your rep is safe:winking:

He's only OUTRAGED because he works for the Telegraph and Vardy is a footballer.

No, no. I think the fact Jonathan Liew is outraged is probably because he's Asian himself.

Utter nonsense screaming he should be sacked and forced to make grovelling apologies where ever he goes.

I disagree that he should be sacked for it (although in many other walks of life, a charge of racially aggravated harassment would result in just that), but he should absolutely have had more re-education/rehabilitation/whatever you want to call it. The press and media rightly pilloried Dalglish for sticking up for Suarez over his case, the only difference that I can see here is that Vardy was ********* when he launched into his tirade.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Yet another inspiring retort from the titan of ShrimperZone debates. Like Wilde in his pomp.

No, no. I think the fact Jonathan Liew is outraged is probably because he's Asian himself.

I disagree that he should be sacked for it (although in many other walks of life, a charge of racially aggravated harassment would result in just that), but he should absolutely have had more re-education/rehabilitation/whatever you want to call it. The press and media rightly pilloried Dalglish for sticking up for Suarez over his case, the only difference that I can see here is that Vardy was ********* when he launched into his tirade.

Yet another inspiring retort from the titan of ShrimperZone debates. Like Wilde in his pomp.

Yes I did see his picture. There are plenty of people who love to snipe at football. Especially towards the players and fans. Football is a very diverse industry, unlike the press or TV (apart from token Presenters) So maybe Mr Liew should be outraged at his own industry or in fact any of the large city Institutions for that matter.

By the way if Mr Liew demands very public apologies he could start by explaining why Japan will never admit to their despicable war crimes. Or why the continually refused any compensation for the British POW's they used to take great pleaser in torturing. At least the Germans have put their hands up and said sorry and have made sure that each generation is aware of Nazi war crimes. To this day Japan refuses to admit or even teach their children about their wrong doings in the past.....Now that I find outrageous.

Yes I did see his picture. There are plenty of people who love to snipe at football. Especially towards the players and fans. Football is a very diverse industry, unlike the press or TV (apart from token Presenters) So maybe Mr Liew should be outraged at his own industry or in fact any of the large city Institutions for that matter.

Underrepresented quotas in industries are a bit different from public racially-motivated slurs.

By the way if Mr Liew demands very public apologies he could start by explaining why Japan will never admit to their despicable war crimes. Or why the continually refused any compensation for the British POW's they used to take great pleaser in torturing. At least the Germans have put their hands up and said sorry and have made sure that each generation is aware of Nazi war crimes. To this day Japan refuses to admit or even teach their children about their wrong doings in the past.....Now that I find outrageous.

And wholely unrelated to Jamie Vardy's conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back