• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
With the new year fast approching games are running out for our two loan stars in midfield .Now its straight forward as i can see it keep one or both Laird and Mkanadwire which seemes to make the team stronger .Since both arrived we have gone on this fantastic run of unbeaten games . I would like to see Laird put pen to paper .And Mkanadwire stay untill the end of the season . I feel with both in the side we will be shoe on for automatic promotion .

Didn't Luggy hint a while back that he was hopeful something could be sorted for Laird ?
I'm guessing that finance wise a lot depends on what we can get ( or not get ) for Hall and Mohsni.
What is the last game for Tam and Laird under the current loan term ?

The outcome of this is cricuial to our season.

The thought of Spicer coming back into the side fills me with dread.

I think keep one and we get playoffs, keep both we go up. If tam stays, then I would be willing to see how spicer or Woodward do in a confident team.

I think keep one and we get playoffs, keep both we go up. If tam stays, then I would be willing to see how spicer or Woodward do in a confident team.

Dunno who this "Woodward" is?
Is he an equaliser?

Would be interested to see what Woodyard could do though in this team if the need arises!

I would expect Laird to stay, Mkandawire I'm not so sure about. If he goes then Timlin moves back into the middle and Martin comes in on the wing, or develop Leonard more into the defensive midfielder.

Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure PS has been working on our existing squad's peripheral players so that they slot in pretty well if and when needed.

Strong rumours that we will pick up lairds contract in January as we did with dave martin.

Tam is out of contract at the end of the season with millwall. He is also 4/5 in the pecking order for CM.

Both players haven't lost since joining the club. They have both said how they are enjoying their time here..

So who knows!

Strong rumours that we will pick up lairds contract in January as we did with dave martin.

Tam is out of contract at the end of the season with millwall. He is also 4/5 in the pecking order for CM.

Both players haven't lost since joining the club. They have both said how they are enjoying their time here..

So who knows!

I really hope Tam stays for the season.
All the loanees have been great , but think his contribution is immense - quietly effective I think the expression is.
Luggy said at the Q&A that we have no chance of signing him permanently though as Millwall rate him highly

I really hope Tam stays for the season.
All the loanees have been great , but think his contribution is immense - quietly effective I think the expression is.
Luggy said at the Q&A that we have no chance of signing him permanently though as Millwall rate him highly

Agreed, Tam looks so comfortable at this level, would love to keep him.

Sorry I disagree, putting Timlin back in the middle causes more problems than it solves, it is no co-incidence that the unbeaten run - FA Cup games aside - has been achieved with a recognised midfield player in that postion and not someone who constantly is drawn to the ball leaving us very exposed when a quick one-two takes him out if the game. Timlin is definetly a ball player who has been playing fantastically well recently away from the restraints of center midfield.

I agree that we need to keep Laird and Mkandawire as they have made all the difference. I'm sure they would both rather stay in a winning team and get a regular game than sit it out elsewhere. I think the next two games will tell us a lot. If we can pick up maximum points from both, we will surely be in an automatic place and will be giving the rest of the league a big notice of intention. As it seems that the Gills are beatable, I'm sure we can give it a right old go against them and bring them back to the field even more. Lets hope we have a massive turn out on New Years day to get behind the team and roar them on to a very important 3 points against Mad Dogs mob. Happy New Year everyone and thank you Santa for giving me what I wanted yesterday!

People are also forgetting Scot Donnelly. I know he hasnt had a look in since being here, nut he is a really good player. Was watching him warm up yesterday and his control and shooting were excellant. I thing PS has bought him to the club as a apossible target should either Lairtd or Tam leave, he was with us most of the summer so he clearly is on the radar. I think if we hadnt have been doing so well we would have seen more of him. For what its worth finances permitting i think all three will be here beyond january

People are also forgetting Scot Donnelly. I know he hasnt had a look in since being here, nut he is a really good player. Was watching him warm up yesterday and his control and shooting were excellant. I thing PS has bought him to the club as a apossible target should either Lairtd or Tam leave, he was with us most of the summer so he clearly is on the radar. I think if we hadnt have been doing so well we would have seen more of him. For what its worth finances permitting i think all three will be here beyond january
Fair point, to be honest I couldn't remember what terms we had Donnelly on.

I didn't realise Tam was out of contract this summer though...

Has Scot Donnelly actually made a start for us yet?

Maybe think Woodyard deserves some more game time. Wasn't he playing quite well when he was given a chance?

To be fair, Spicer may play better with a better midfield around him. He was in a "bare bones" midfield so possibly unfair to judge.

As for Mkandawire, at the "Pie and a Pint" night, Sturrock said Millwall want him and will be offering him a new contract so we have zero chance of signing him permanently. However, they have said they won't recall him unless they need him and he is down the pecking order at the moment. We MAY be able to keep him for the season.

I bloody well hope so. We haven't lost since he joined!

I find it hard to believe that there can be a better player playing in League Two than Mkindawire and it's no coincidence that we've shot up the table since he joined. If we can keep him for the season then that would be amazing. I think it may depend on the technicalities of the loan system though. He's on an Emergency Loan right now which can't be extended much/any longer. If we can sort out some season loan which enables Millwall to recall him if needed then that would be great.

Back