• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
While the NL doesn’t have transfer windows, the EFL does and some action up there could lead to some departures or arrivals for us too…

Also, IIRC Kev said earlier this month that the club may look to move one or two on. There have also been vague rumours of some interest in one or two of our lads.

Anyone have any insight as to any upcoming movement?

SZ Rumour Scale & Key:

🤝
- Done deal

🟢
- Very likely target and/or Very strong rumours and/or In talks

🟧
- Possible target and/or Reasonable rumours and/or Slow burner

❌
- Very unlikely target and/or Minimal rumours and/or Not happening

⚖️
- On trial at the club

⬆️
- Indicates whether a player has moved up/down the scale

🔥
-
Hotting up

❄️
- Cooling off

🆕
- New entry to the list

🩺
- Medical Pending or Completed

📸
:LoyalSupporter: - Photoshoot Pending or Completed

📢
- Announcement Pending

💰 - Embargo lifted

Last edited:
Well, we won't be signing anyone any time soon
It would be a disgrace if we did, unless one or two leave and that helps the cash flow. Got to pay the staff first before taking a punt on other players…

However, there are a multitude of threads to discuss all that - so (this is to everyone not to @Shrimper per se) can this thread leave all the financial troubles to one side and focus solely on the prospect or rumour of transfers (in or out) please. Off topic posts will be removed - thanks all.

Well, we won't be signing anyone any time soon
If my reading of the tea leaves is right we’ll be signing someone fairly soon. Ron’s appearance at Roots Hall suggests the long awaited bridging loan has been finalised, which should mean HMRC will get paid and the embargo lifted. We also had Ron trying to sign someone according to @henry18 - I don’t think he does that unless he expects the embargo to be lifted soon.

That Dagenham keeper has been mentioned and would seem to be the position of most need with Collin out.

I reckon we will struggle to hold onto Hobson. If Bridge and Miley haven’t attracted attention from other National League and League Two clubs I’d be very surprised. Rumours Kensdale was being watched by Ipswich.

If we come to the end of Jan with our best players still at the club I’d be very surprised. Our back 5 is a threat. GSM, Hobbo, Łopata, Kensdale and Ralph could all be targets for other clubs.

As for us making signings 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If my reading of the tea leaves is right we’ll be signing someone fairly soon. Ron’s appearance at Roots Hall suggests the long awaited bridging loan has been finalised, which should mean HMRC will get paid and the embargo lifted. We also had Ron trying to sign someone according to @henry18 - I don’t think he does that unless he expects the embargo to be lifted soon.

That Dagenham keeper has been mentioned and would seem to be the position of most need with Collin out.
If we sign Justham I think that’s an excellent signing.

Looking at where we need to strengthen down the right seems to be missing an attacking threat when GSM can't play and of course we need a fit goalscorer

I'd be happy to see Dackers back if he was available.

I reckon we will struggle to hold onto Hobson. If Bridge and Miley haven’t attracted attention from other National League and League Two clubs I’d be very surprised. Rumours Kensdale was being watched by Ipswich.

If we come to the end of Jan with our best players still at the club I’d be very surprised. Our back 5 is a threat. GSM, Hobbo, Łopata, Kensdale and Ralph could all be targets for other clubs.

As for us making signings 🤣🤣🤣🤣
As good as their performances are Bridge and Miley won’t attract much FL interest. They are both 27 and Miley has never played at that level and has another 18 months on his contract whilst Bridge has he didn’t enjoy the same amount of success as he now does as a local boy playing for his boyhood club, having twice tried to return, turning down league clubs in the process.

Hobson is a different story. At 24 he’s an ascending player plus he showed he could play at that level when he was our POTS 2 years ago. That makes him a far more likely candidate. Add in his contract being up in the summer and some depth at the RCB position and it’s a very different equation to Bridge and Miley.

As good as their performances are Bridge and Miley won’t attract much FL interest. They are both 27 and Miley has never played at that level and has another 18 months on his contract whilst Bridge has he didn’t enjoy the same amount of success as he now does as a local boy playing for his boyhood club, having twice tried to return, turning down league clubs in the process.

Hobson is a different story. At 24 he’s an ascending player plus he showed he could play at that level when he was our POTS 2 years ago. That makes him a far more likely candidate. Add in his contract being up in the summer and some depth at the RCB position and it’s a very different equation to Bridge and Miley.
Lomas showed that we be ok at RCB position.

Yes and no. He looks a capable replacement for Hobson, albeit not as good on the ball, but we’d then be lacking depth.
Lomas is a ready-made replacement. Hobson is a skilful defender who has got the potential to play in a higher league, but Lomas should not be underestimated either. He has just turned 22 and always done well when selected here. Lomas seems to have an excellent temperament, good positional awareness, good heading ability, and does not seem prone to lapses in concentration.

I understand the Justham deal would have been done some time ago if not for you know what. I believe he wants to come, a factor being he doesn't want to move away from the area.

I can see us trying to keep hold of our assests, but may depend on the deal offered. Ultimately I don't think receiving a transfer fee of say £50k (and probably in instalments) would make a great deal of difference to our financial situation!

Everyone of our “regular” back line, Collin, GSM, Hobson, Lopata, Kensdale & Ralph have all had admiring glances this season.

They aren’t the only ones in our squad to have had scouts come down to see them, or see others and been more impressed with different players.

This doesn’t necessarily mean anyone will be leaving, but does show we have a group of good players who are attracting admiring glances.

One of our regular back line had a scout come down to watch them at a game earlier this season, and said scout walked out and wasn’t impressed in him.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see an incoming or two arrive during January either.

I understand the Justham deal would have been done some time ago if not for you know what. I believe he wants to come, a factor being he doesn't want to move away from the area.

I can see us trying to keep hold of our assests, but may depend on the deal offered. Ultimately I don't think receiving a transfer fee of say £50k (and probably in instalments) would make a great deal of difference to our financial situation!
You are probably right. But, and I am probably wrong, I understand if Hobson does not sign a new deal with us, we may end up getting a lot less than £50k in the summer of 2023.

Last edited:
Back