• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

It makes me laugh when people take such statements at face value.

It is good practice to ignore whatever comments a manager/chairman make about not wanting to sell.

Saying you don’t want to sell is standard negotiating price for a seller to try and drive the price up and extract full value.

Even if the club wanted to cash in this is going to be the line so it has zero predictive value.

If only people understood this when it came to SUFC and Ron Martin 👀

It can be about partnerships & understanding though, can't it?

It's not uncommon for non-prolific strikers to keep their place in a team because, by some sort of magic, other players in the team are profiting & sticking the ball in the net.

It can be about partnerships & understanding though, can't it?

It's not uncommon for non-prolific strikers to keep their place in a team because, by some sort of magic, other players in the team are profiting & sticking the ball in the net.
The days of a striker being purely measured by the amount of goals they score are thankfully over. In the modern game they need to be far more than just people on the end of a cross, and Cardwell and Powell give the team an awful lot, and visiting scouts will know that.

Wouldn't mind betting Cardwell will start scoring more regularly too, I've been really impressed by him.

Jack Bridge will always excite fans more than scouts. I like Jack but Kasper, Cav and a fit Harry C are the key to making the Play-offs.

Husin and Taylor stepping up meant JB, HC and CP were kept busy in the final 3rd.

Kev should get his wish and we should keep what we have. Equally Kev should not get any more.

Jack Bridge will always excite fans more than scouts. I like Jack but Kasper, Cav and a fit Harry C are the key to making the Play-offs.

Husin and Taylor stepping up meant JB, HC and CP were kept busy in the final 3rd.

Kev should get his wish and we should keep what we have. Equally Kev should not get any more.
You never rated him anyway but, views on him as a player aside, Bridge is critical to the balance of this side.

I’ve been a big advocate of Harry Cardwell and what he can bring to this side but Bridge is more important to this side than him as he gives us an extra attacker. We can replace Cardwell and it’ll be a step down but we can replace him.

Similar with Cav. He’s been immense but Harry Taylor could play that role.

With Bridge who replaces him? Ralph or Clifford don’t bring anywhere near the attacking threat. The only one who can run at opponents like him is Mooney but he’s not going to do that from a wing-back berth. We’d need to re-jig our whole side.

Other players may be better but for this side none are more important.

You never rated him anyway but, views on him as a player aside, Bridge is critical to the balance of this side.

I’ve been a big advocate of Harry Cardwell and what he can bring to this side but Bridge is more important to this side than him as he gives us an extra attacker. We can replace Cardwell and it’ll be a step down but we can replace him.

Similar with Cav. He’s been immense but Harry Taylor could play that role.

With Bridge who replaces him? Ralph or Clifford don’t bring anywhere near the attacking threat. The only one who can run at opponents like him is Mooney but he’s not going to do that from a wing-back berth. We’d need to re-jig our whole side.

Other players may be better but for this side none are more important.

In order of highlights
Not true
Not true
No one is more important than a number 9
Very difficult at this time of the season/our finances
Nonsense
Not true.

Generally when Bridge is on top form the team is transformed (Barnet away, Solihull at home among others). When the opposition shackle him or he's missing we're ordinary (Aldershot away among others).

Last edited:
I know he’s probably not a target anymore (if he ever was) but Michael Cheek has signed a contract extension at Bromley.

It sounds like Gillingham are not interested (great news) then it makes sense for the club to tie him down to a new contract ( I think we can do that under an embargo).

It sounds like Gillingham are not interested (great news) then it makes sense for the club to tie him down to a new contract ( I think we can do that under an embargo).
I'm not sure that we can - wasn't there a post saying we couldn't offer Hobson a new deal whilst under embargo ? Hopefully I am wrong.

I suspect it depends on what is meant by "offer" - I can't think that having a fruity soft drink would stop the club & the agent having hypothetical discussions that would then lead to a swift signing of agreed terms once the fruity drink has been dispersed.

If and I say if, as all of this is chatter and gossip, Gillingham have really lost interest, if that is the case, just to add some more gossip, Notts County are also very interested too......

Back