• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January & Beyond Transfer Rumour Thread

Bridge has discovered his best form by playing a very niche role for us. He doesn’t play as an out and out winger so he’s not really someone you could chuck into any old system and expect to get these sort of performances out of him. Maybe that’ll work in our favour, especially if we’re quoting silly money to potential admirers. I still don’t think he’d really want to leave anyway.

Olly Hawkins has just signed for gillingham from Mansfield, I still think we should of snapped him up when he was at Portsmouth and available if we weren’t banned from signing players, would of been a great signing here.

The days of a striker being purely measured by the amount of goals they score are thankfully over. In the modern game they need to be far more than just people on the end of a cross, and Cardwell and Powell give the team an awful lot, and visiting scouts will know that.

Wouldn't mind betting Cardwell will start scoring more regularly too, I've been really impressed by him.
You have defined a forward not a striker

Richard Cadette was a striker
Roy McDonough was a forward

The Gills have defo been looking at Bridge and Lopata, dont forget Harris has numerous friends that regularly watch our games and feedback to him has been to keep an eye on Bridge and Lopata

Annoyingly for us i feel they both could easily make that step up and if i was a scout watching these 2 lately id be all over signing them

The Gills have defo been looking at Bridge and Lopata, dont forget Harris has numerous friends that regularly watch our games and feedback to him has been to keep an eye on Bridge and Lopata

Annoyingly for us i feel they both could easily make that step up and if i was a scout watching these 2 lately id be all over signing them
You'd think they'd probably have flagged up the performances of Miley and Hobson too.

You'd think they'd probably have flagged up the performances of Miley and Hobson too.
Plenty have stated that they wouldn't want Dieng in a relegation scrap (don't really get that personally as I felt he played his best football at CB for us) but I would definitely be considering signing Miley for a relegation scrap!

Not really a step up though. Gills bottom of L2…

Glen made 18 appearances on loan to Gills last year and a few seasons back was with them on a 2 year deal
Apparently hes been excellent for them and Crawley, Good and experienced back up keeper

I think sometimes people forget that footballers have a relatively short shelf-life. All this talk about "why would they drop to a lower league and sign for them?!" is a far too simplistic viewpoint. If a player (particularly in the lower leagues) is offered a long-term deal with plenty of incentives and a good base salary, they'd be mad not to consider it. Very few players share the same loyalty that we have as fans towards our clubs.

I think sometimes people forget that footballers have a relatively short shelf-life. All this talk about "why would they drop to a lower league and sign for them?!" is a far too simplistic viewpoint. If a player (particularly in the lower leagues) is offered a long-term deal with plenty of incentives and a good base salary, they'd be mad not to consider it. Very few players share the same loyalty that we have as fans towards our clubs.
Like Mark Bentley of course

Back