• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Righto - it's almost time to put down that post-Christmas cold turkey drumstick, try to sober up, dig out the sales vouchers from your Yuletide swag bag and hot foot it to pick up a bargain or two before Barry Fry and co corner the market.

Post any rumours, thoughts, suggestions or Christmas wishes here please - both for players exiting and those who might be arriving.

We need a strong January transfer window this year - make it happen Ron!

Righto - it's almost time to put down that post-Christmas cold turkey drumstick, try to sober up, dig out the sales vouchers from your Yuletide swag bag and hot foot it to pick up a bargain or two before Barry Fry and co corner the market.

Post any rumours, thoughts, suggestions or Christmas wishes here please - both for players exiting and those who might be arriving.

We need a strong January transfer window this year - make it happen Ron!
Jose Mourinho becomes the new manager!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Kightly and Turner leave. Even with all these injuries they have been some of the last names on the team sheet - or not on it at all. With their likely place in the wage hierarchy, we need more bang for our buck. McCoulsky is also a WoW for me so he can go back to Bristol City.

Shifting them on could fund some decent replacements. I still like the look of Mo Eisa, also at Bristol City these days. Perhaps we could swap McCoulsky for him?

Yeah McCoalsky back to Bristol, I also think Turner has had his moments but toooo slow and we need another striker (I have no issues with Cox and Theo but we need another option). I also think if Shawn goes they will recall Moore

A cheeky bid for Eaves?

Of course he'd leap at the chance of what could best be described as a sideways move.

The time to have been able to attract Eaves was when Gillingham signed him.

Interestingly, in reasonably quick succession, Yeovil released (not sold) two 6ft 5in strikers, Firstly Kieffer Moore and then Tom Eaves. Wonder if they've got any other tall rejects?

Might be worth having a look through Tottenham’s youth to see who they have similar to Hopper. With Powell’s contacts there and knowing the players from his time there it wouldn’t surprise me if we got someone from there.

Of course he'd leap at the chance of what could best be described as a sideways move.

The time to have been able to attract Eaves was when Gillingham signed him.

Interestingly, in reasonably quick succession, Yeovil released (not sold) two 6ft 5in strikers, Firstly Kieffer Moore and then Tom Eaves. Wonder if they've got any other tall rejects?

I wonder if Yeovil fans mocked them. Just like our fans mocked Eaves for 45 minutes down at Gillingham last season remember "your just a s*** Andy Carroll" as he walked off at half time.

I doubt we have much if any money in the kitty. Would probably need to ship out before we bring in. Taking the injured players into account we have quite a big squad.
Likely to be similar to last January when we got loanees in, probably from London clubs. We could send Mccoulsky back and try and get Mo Eisa instead? 25 goals last season but hardly played for Bristol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kightly and Turner leave. Even with all these injuries they have been some of the last names on the team sheet - or not on it at all. With their likely place in the wage hierarchy, we need more bang for our buck. McCoulsky is also a WoW for me so he can go back to Bristol City.

Shifting them on could fund some decent replacements. I still like the look of Mo Eisa, also at Bristol City these days. Perhaps we could swap McCoulsky for him?

Why would they leave. They wont look for less money at another club and if we loaned them we would still be paying their wages.

Your forgetting that CP re-signed Turner. He has now become one of those Zone targets, The myth of pace at the back. Just like when the same nonsense was said about Anton. The fact is we rarely concede goals that are a straight through or a clipped over the top ball.

Can't see much happening before late Jan. As others have said, we are at the top of our budget so won't be making permanent signings unless we can offload one or two high earners. I too have a bit of a feeling that Kights may be on his way.

As for loans, as ever we'll have to wait until the end of the month and see who the teams above us are happy to loan out as a result of their own transfer business.

People will no doubt moan if we haven't signed six or seven by January 5th, but it really isn't that simple.

Whilst I appreciate that centre-mid is not a position of need for us right now, I like the look of Max Kretzschmar at Woking. Wouldn't be surprised if he has suitors in the FL.

Back