• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

8 signings to the lower leagues since WINDOW CLOSED.

I wouldn't worry to much, since the window closed Klass has had a couple of starts and looks like he can play a bit. Plus that other new lad,.... Wabo, looks like an ideal impact sub to me.

That's a much better approach than a PL loanee or some washed up player that no one else wants.

I wouldn't worry to much, since the window closed Klass has had a couple of starts and looks like he can play a bit. Plus that other new lad,.... Wabo, looks like an ideal impact sub to me.

That's a much better approach than a PL loanee or some washed up player that no one else wants.

If only you had explained that to Phil when you were setting up his TV.

If only you had explained that to Phil when you were setting up his TV.

I did, that's why they both made their debuts under him.....Its just taken the new man a bit longer to recognise their talent :Winking:

"He has offers from other clubs in our division and the division below"

He's used to a much bigger salary than we could pay him, having played for Cardiff and Wolves. Plymouth couldn't match his and his agent's demands. So I doubt if we could. It will probably be one of the bigger paying clubs that can afford it.

Leon Best is still without a club. Giles Barnes, although he's probably based in America now. Kaylen Hinds is looking more worth a the gamble despite why he was sacked by Wolfsburg.

He's used to a much bigger salary than we could pay him, having played for Cardiff and Wolves. Plymouth couldn't match his and his agent's demands. So I doubt if we could. It will probably be one of the bigger paying clubs that can afford it.

The only thing going for us rather than others is we could guarantee minutes!

Can't see it happening though.

It was almost certainly Cole Stockton CP went to watch, so we'll need to look elsewhere.

Here's some random names to throw out there as potential signings:

Ryan Loft - 21 year old striker now at Leicester. Born in Gravesend and was at Dartford and Ebbsfleet as a kid before moving to Spurs in 2015 so is from this part of the country originally. Would have been at Spurs same time as Chris Powell. Moved to Leicester in the summer and has been playing for their u23s. Scored 3 in 3 in the Checkatrade for them (they're now out, as they are of the FA Cup, so likely to be available for loan). Previously had loan spells at Braintree, Exeter and Stevenage.

Is 6 ft 3 and was a high jump champion. Shares an agent with Harry Lennon and former loanees Glen Rea and Joe Pigott.

Devante Cole - seemingly fallen out of favour at Burton, where he's on loan as he has been an unused sub in 6 of their last 7 matches. Has the same agents as Harry Bunn and seems to fit the profile of a Powell signing. Can someone play for two loan clubs in the same season?

JJ Hooper - an athletic forward who can also play on the wing. Out of favour at Grimsby and out of contract at the end of the year he's scored 4 in 5 on loan at Bromley. He's a London lad although he was a trainee at Newcastle. Admittedly the main attraction here is the similarity in name to Hopper.

Conor Wilkinson - another 6 ft 3 striker he's out of contract at Gillingham this summer. Currently out on loan where he's scored 6 in 10 for the Daggers. Like Tom Eaves he was at Bolton and Oldham before joining the Gills. His Gills' spell has been rocky but three years Eaves' junior might he now be primed to breakout like Eaves did?

JJ Hooper moved to Wrexham, Conor Wilkinson moved to Orient.

Back