• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

Whilst I appreciate that centre-mid is not a position of need for us right now, I like the look of Max Kretzschmar at Woking. Wouldn't be surprised if he has suitors in the FL.

He was released by Wycombe when they were in League Two, having been there for several years. I don’t think he’s anywhere near our CMs but a League Two side might fancy him

The worst time for a club like ours to do business is in January. There is plent of rubbish in the sales but prices often go up in the football store.

We aren't going up and even if we don't sign anyone we wont go down.

The only position we need is a number 9....that's it.

For extras I would swap McC for another Championship forward. Bring in another CB on loan to cover for the recovering Lennon and Kyp.

The worst time for a club like ours to do business is in January. There is plent of rubbish in the sales but prices often go up in the football store.

We aren't going up and even if we don't sign anyone we wont go down.

The only position we need is a number 9....that's it.

For extras I would swap McC for another Championship forward. Bring in another CB on loan to cover for the recovering Lennon and Kyp.

By and large I agree, although I also think we are too weak on the wings so I’d like to see some movement there to help create the chances we need to do better and help keep the pressure on the opposition to relieve our defence

He was released by Wycombe when they were in League Two, having been there for several years. I don’t think he’s anywhere near our CMs but a League Two side might fancy him

I have seen him a couple of times this season and have been more than impressed. Not sure why it didn't work out at Wickum for him, but could definitely do a job in the FL.

For those talking budgets, don't forget SCP said in his statement that Ron and the board have agreed to bring forward their summer plans ie; budget IF the right players are available. Also SCP has said they could look at loaned players on a short term with a view to sign

I imagine much of our business will be done towards to the end of the window when PL and Championship clubs have done their business and know who they're willing to let leave on loan or on a free (ie Ladapo last season).

Gusendheit.
Bless you!
Expect a loan or two from Premier/Championship Clubs, young guys (like McGoalshy) who need a bit of experience, with a couple going out to balance the wage bill.

Actually, despite being down to the bare bones of a squad we are doing quite well, and 3 points on Saturday, will ensure we go into January comfortably mid table

I can't see too many leaving at this point. Hopefully McCoulsky will go back to Bristol. I don't mean it in a bad way. But he isn't what we need, and whatever resources are being used to have him here could be used better.

I wonder if we'll inquire about signing Bunn permenantly. That's probably one of the best signings we could make in January. As some others have said January isn't the best time. Clubs mostly, like us, want to unload the players that aren't preforming.

I can't see too many leaving at this point. Hopefully McCoulsky will go back to Bristol. I don't mean it in a bad way. But he isn't what we need, and whatever resources are being used to have him here could be used better.

I wonder if we'll inquire about signing Bunn permenantly. That's probably one of the best signings we could make in January. As some others have said January isn't the best time. Clubs mostly, like us, want to unload the players that aren't preforming.
Maybe if Mr Bunn was offered by Bury, and that is definitely a possibility, then he may be worth a gamble, but his injury record isn't great with us so maybe we need to be cautious. Mind you, I'm saying that from a position of ignorance. SCP and his boys will know exactly what he is capable of and if they rate him then go for it.

With Bunn though, I think it has been mentioned on here before that he is on a very high wage at Bury. Should that be right, he may well be out of our price range. We have to resolve the forward issue be it short term or long term.

I hope not! The last thing I need to see on my hols is Ron's 'little Ronnie'...

I think the question here, and it's a very valid question which I think most SZ Users would agree needs clarifying and dealing with before the conversation goes further and I am sure you are aware that truth and honesty prevails but for the sake of curiosity please inform the board and get this out in the open so without doubt or misinterpretation and for the good of all ....

......... How do you know Ron has a little Ronnie ????

Maybe if Mr Bunn was offered by Bury, and that is definitely a possibility, then he may be worth a gamble, but his injury record isn't great with us so maybe we need to be cautious. Mind you, I'm saying that from a position of ignorance. SCP and his boys will know exactly what he is capable of and if they rate him then go for it.

They're only minor injuries though, nobody's immune. With Bunn, he's a very muscular person. I have a friend that used to play for West Ham ladies. She became a PT and started bodybuilding. After that she more injury prone and always said 'more muscles, more problems'.

Back