• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

How would Ched Evans be received at the Hall. Are we THAT needng?

He's on a season long loan at Fleetwood.

Just been banned by the FA for 2 games for "abusing" the referee. (there's an obvious joke in there, but i will refrain in case it gets the mods into trouble for libel)

anyway....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46812823

Him and his boss Joey Barton, make quite the ideal partners as the bad boys in an old western movie.

Has Ron deliberately held off paying the Tax-man so that he doesn't have to finance anyone coming in? Plays the good guy on the face of it by saying he will support CP in bringing people in, knowing he won't have to. Maybe he has reasoned that we are not going to make the play-offs and have just enough about us to stay up this season. You would think that he would not have put the club in this position if he honestly wanted more players in.

Not sure if we were ever in for him, but iv'e seen that "free agent Jet" has opted to choose a Thai club over staying in England.

Has Ron deliberately held off paying the Tax-man so that he doesn't have to finance anyone coming in? Plays the good guy on the face of it by saying he will support CP in bringing people in, knowing he won't have to. Maybe he has reasoned that we are not going to make the play-offs and have just enough about us to stay up this season. You would think that he would not have put the club in this position if he honestly wanted more players in.

Exactly the same thought crossed my mind too!

No, I really don't think it's anything like that.

It's the same every time, it's managing cash flow. He's always backed his managers.

So, should this thread now be closed given the winding up order?

Seriously though, can we still loan / buy players?

Well it was interesting reading an article on BBC sport earlier about the Bolton and Forest Green Rovers owners' argument regarding the Doidge transfer.

The Bolton chairman was stating that he is still sticking by the agreement they had in place originally from August. But the FGR owner tried getting 250k upfront in this window, which was earlier than discussed.

It was interesting in regards to us, as Bolton are in a similar situation to us with the winding up order. He was saying that theirs will be paid before they are wound up, as the split EFL money is paid to the club next week. I'm thinking that's when we, and all other EFL clubs, will get their money too. Meaning Ron will probably use that money in a similar fashion. It's probably what he waits for every year before paying. I bet he's not the only one!

We would still be able to sign one player this week, as we let McCoulsky go. Hence why Powell said today that we may have a player by Saturday. Then we may not see another player until the winding up order is settled.

I suspect that you have hit the nail on the head here. Ron is no-ones fool when it comes to finances, and I fully expect that the EFL money does come in at the same time for every club (probably works in the same way as a payroll payment!). So, if that is the case, it stands to reason that the taxman is kept waiting until that money came in, unless there was some cup run money due - probably explains why the alleged hissy-fit in the dressing room!

I cant see that McCoulsky was that expensive, so if we have to go like-for-like, it will probably be another young player from somewhere coming in, or a player winding down to retirement. To be fair, whilst we are no where near challenging for the play offs, I don't think we are in huge danger of relegation either, so I suspect that we get one in and struggle on for the rest of the season and get our own youngsters as much experience as possible.

If that is the case, I am certain that there will be a big change of personnel in the summer.

I suspect that you have hit the nail on the head here. Ron is no-ones fool when it comes to finances, and I fully expect that the EFL money does come in at the same time for every club (probably works in the same way as a payroll payment!). So, if that is the case, it stands to reason that the taxman is kept waiting until that money came in, unless there was some cup run money due - probably explains why the alleged hissy-fit in the dressing room!

I cant see that McCoulsky was that expensive, so if we have to go like-for-like, it will probably be another young player from somewhere coming in, or a player winding down to retirement. To be fair, whilst we are no where near challenging for the play offs, I don't think we are in huge danger of relegation either, so I suspect that we get one in and struggle on for the rest of the season and get our own youngsters as much experience as possible.

If that is the case, I am certain that there will be a big change of personnel in the summer.
No-one's fool? So potentially 71 other EFL clubs having winding up orders against them whilst waiting until their EFL money comes in? There are only so many times you can keep crying wolf...........

No-one's fool? So potentially 71 other EFL clubs having winding up orders against them whilst waiting until their EFL money comes in? There are only so many times you can keep crying wolf...........

To be fair, not every other club is as bad as ours financially. Our stadium/facilities are horrendous, with no financial gain coming from them non-matchday.

Using the EFL money and waiting until the last minute to pay the tax man, may just be the only way to do things. He probably can't physically pay it sooner, what money does the guy have. The man is skint. People keep saying he should pay this, sign this person etc, but the money just isn't there.

People moan about Ron, rightly so in some cases, but what owner would actually come in and do better with the state of SUFC at present. Only a clinically insane person would get involved in our current state, baring in mind there is simply zero business model involved. Ron even remortgaged his house to keep us afloat in the past. Any money he did have, has been lost in the club. No one would touch us with a barge pole. Therefore, isn't Ron doing the best he can?

To be fair, not every other club is as bad as ours financially. Our stadium/facilities are horrendous, with no financial gain coming from them non-matchday.

Using the EFL money and waiting until the last minute to pay the tax man, may just be the only way to do things. He probably can't physically pay it sooner, what money does the guy have. The man is skint. People keep saying he should pay this, sign this person etc, but the money just isn't there.

People moan about Ron, rightly so in some cases, but what owner would actually come in and do better with the state of SUFC at present. Only a clinically insane person would get involved in our current state, baring in mind there is simply zero business model involved. Ron even remortgaged his house to keep us afloat in the past. Any money he did have, has been lost in the club. No one would touch us with a barge pole. Therefore, isn't Ron doing the best he can?
Yes i do believe RM is doing the best that he can. thats the worry, his best has never been good enough to take us into the champ and keep us there. Its not his fault, he has never had the finance to take us much farther than league 1. What if by some miracle we got promoted how could we ever sign and pay the players that would be needed to keep us there.

Yes i do believe RM is doing the best that he can. thats the worry, his best has never been good enough to take us into the champ and keep us there. Its not his fault, he has never had the finance to take us much farther than league 1. What if by some miracle we got promoted how could we ever sign and pay the players that would be needed to keep us there.

Which is why as he has always said we need the new stadium..

He can't. Is that his fault though? The championship is totally different financially compared to even the last time we were there and to be fair to him he did give Tilson some money to spend Tilly just didn't spend it very well.

He can't. Is that his fault though? The championship is totally different financially compared to even the last time we were there and to be fair to him he did give Tilson some money to spend Tilly just didn't spend it very well.
No i dont blame RM at all. where is the money coming from though under his chairmanship, the new stadium, oh please i have grown old waiting for that to happen,

Back