• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

You aren't wrong. There's a lot of football clubs, chairman, agents, players, businesses who don't approve of how they/others have been treated in relation to someone at our club. Makes it very hard to do any sort of business.
This.... eventually your chickens come home to roast ... a well known championship manager who lives 10 mins away wouldn’t let a player come here in a million years regardless of the manager

This.... eventually your chickens come home to roast ... a well known championship manager who lives 10 mins away wouldn’t let a player come here in a million years regardless of the manager

Still happily took his final paycheck from the club though didn't he whilst also happily scouting our youngsters. YAWN.

I would bet that any manager/agent/player would get over their "dislike" of our chairman if we had enough cash. Unfortunately whilst we remain in this stadium and league, we won't.

Funny how last year it was all Browns fault for working too much in media and not signing players and this year it's Ron's fault.

Golden boy gets a Get Out of Jail Free Card.

Yeerrr old Ronny boy the magician, where as everything ruthless ron touches turns to gold ( and bricks and mortar and lolly)

I get your cynicism but it should be balanced out with a little appreciation for the situation. We are a club with a ground that is not fit for purpose. Even forgetting the state of Roots Hall, its size is not commensurate with the catchment area and potential new support. The revenue stream is way below what is necessary to give the stability and success that the fans clamour for.

Ron has pulled rabbits out of the hat and, despite the negativity from many, we are still surviving. Southend United, as it currently stands, is not an investment prospect and I seriously doubt anyone would be salivating to take it on.

All of us have dreamed of owning the club but in the real world the problems that would give us are enormous and would soon take the gloss off it.

Ron is doing ok. A N other owner may not even be able to provide what Ron does and may not have a care about the club and only be interested in demolishing RH and building on it. Sometimes we have to be grateful for what we have. Look at the non-league and see how many clubs there are now that were once in the league. There but for the grace of God go we!

He’s probably got budget for 2 or 3 players, so wants to get the right ones as they become available. Maybe CP chooses to do that over getting in lozas or noubles? That’s surely logical, but there always seems to need to be a conspiracy theory nowadays.

He’s probably got budget for 2 or 3 players, so wants to get the right ones as they become available. Maybe CP chooses to do that over getting in lozas or noubles? That’s surely logical, but there always seems to need to be a conspiracy theory nowadays.

Exactly this. We won't be relegated in January so we don't really need to rush in and bring in the wrong player, as nice as it would have been to have a brand new shiny goal scorer to bring on today.

I would rather we think about who we need to bring in and if that means waiting a little longer for the right player to become available or agree to sign for us, so be it.

I know there is still time to announce a signing before the game but... how annoyed will you be if the line up is announced and there is no signing?

We’ve had since the 1st of Jan knowing we have only one fit first team striker for the Plymouth game. We had extra time off with the FA Cup weekend, no game to prepare for and during our JPT game our best centre back picks up an injury. Yet here we are 11 days later and no sign of a new signing.

I’m fairly patient but this has really ****ed me off, I don’t know who is to blame? Is it Ron and the HMRC bull**** we have to endure all the time or is it Chris Powell’s inability to indentify and get someone to sign for us? Whoever it is they should be ****ing embarrassed of themselves. We’ve known we need someone to come in up top since we lost Hopper for the season. We lose Robinson to a suspension on the 1st and here we are on the 12th we the same squad of players we had on the 1st!

I hope I am proved wrong and a signing is announced and in the squad for today’s game. If not then whoever is at fault for the signings not coming in need to answer for their failures!

If we’re being honest, nobody on here knows what’s going on with signings or the issues we may have, and calling for signings is all well and good but if the right player isn’t available, then we can’t get them. Powell said himself he may have to go for 3rd or 4th choice as some players have become unavailable after the FA Cup rounds.

It’s not as if he hasn’t identified any players until now, maybe the ones he wants arent keen on coming here, I don’t know, nobody does.

And mentioning about all of the other League one clubs signing players like Scunthorpe and Peterborough etc, how many of those players they signed were what we need? Most of us on here would like a target man striker who can score a few, haven’t seen one of those move about yet?

I know there is still time to announce a signing before the game but... how annoyed will you be if the line up is announced and there is no signing?

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Doesn't matter what happens before the game today. We're not going up and it's unlikely we'll go down on the strength of today's result in isolation.

Tell you what would be good - Hutchinson and Kelman starting today.

We’ve had since the 1st of Jan knowing we have only one fit first team striker for the Plymouth game. We had extra time off with the FA Cup weekend, no game to prepare for and during our JPT game our best centre back picks up an injury. Yet here we are 11 days later and no sign of a new signing.

I’m fairly patient but this has really ****ed me off, I don’t know who is to blame? Is it Ron and the HMRC bull**** we have to endure all the time or is it Chris Powell’s inability to indentify and get someone to sign for us? Whoever it is they should be ****ing embarrassed of themselves. We’ve known we need someone to come in up top since we lost Hopper for the season. We lose Robinson to a suspension on the 1st and here we are on the 12th we the same squad of players we had on the 1st!

I hope I am proved wrong and a signing is announced and in the squad for today’s game. If not then whoever is at fault for the signings not coming in need to answer for their failures!

I agree with you 100% on this. As a couple of others have mentioned it does make you wonder how deep the troubles lay within the club. If you recall back in the summer we were told how close we was to signing somebody but it never happened until a week or so later.

As you rightly said, it's been known for months how much we need players brought in.
I said in a previous post I didn't think we would hear anything, but as you said Ricey, I hope we are both proved wrong but the current form isn't just WLWLWL is it. We are now also getting customised to half hearted pre and post match reports, rumours about finances again along with what looks likes players who once on the pitch have other things on their minds.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Doesn't matter what happens before the game today. We're not going up and it's unlikely we'll go down on the strength of today's result in isolation.

Tell you what would be good - Hutchinson and Kelman starting today.

Andy you are of course correct, but this is about transparency really isn't it. We pay good money for our tickets (and burgers) and in that respect we contribute a large amount towards the club. If nothing else we deserve to be kept up to date with certains things and in an open and honest manner.

I would also like a striker, or defender, as we are a bit well massively short up front. (2 ways)
However Don't panic. We are pretty sure we aint going up or down. We have time.
SCP has worked miracles with just looking at our back line, and goalkeeper if Moore is not playing, today.
Not one of his first choice;s is playing today. Five Yes five players, Come on give him a break.
We don't need to rush, if the right loan signing or perm comes up. Yes Please.
Don't Panic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy you are of course correct, but this is about transparency really isn't it. We pay good money for our tickets (and burgers) and in that respect we contribute a large amount towards the club. If nothing else we deserve to be kept up to date with certains things and in an open and honest manner.

Doesn't work like that though, does it.

You can't show your hand in public until the deal is done, or the agents/media will just play the various clubs off against each other and in that respect, we're holding a pair of twos at best!

Doesn't work like that though, does it.

You can't show your hand in public until the deal is done, or the agents/media will just play the various clubs off against each other and in that respect, we're holding a pair of twos at best!

I understand that, but other clubs always seem to have better fan/club communication.

Some do, sure.

A lot don't, though.

I think we'd be more transparent if we could walk the walk, but financially we can't so announcing a string of named targets and then failing miserably to get them would provide more questions than answers.

Some do, sure.

A lot don't, though.

I think we'd be more transparent if we could walk the walk, but financially we can't so announcing a string of named targets and then failing miserably to get them would provide more questions than answers.

Yeah fair comment. :Thumbs up:

Back