• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

Some do, sure.

A lot don't, though.

I think we'd be more transparent if we could walk the walk, but financially we can't so announcing a string of named targets and then failing miserably to get them would provide more questions than answers.

I doubt that Andy. ShrimperZone is up there with the best of breed when it comes to generating questions based on supposition, rumour and axes to grind.

Andy you are of course correct, but this is about transparency really isn't it. We pay good money for our tickets (and burgers) and in that respect we contribute a large amount towards the club. If nothing else we deserve to be kept up to date with certains things and in an open and honest manner.

Sometimes things are best not being in the public domain. For example, admitting financial problems increases borrowing costs and encourages companies ask for payment up front.

As a consumer, I choose carefully on where I shop - I wouldn’t trust a 5 year guarantee from house of Fraser for example, so would choose to shop elsewhere. Otherwise I may have shopped in HOF

If you’re playing poker you don’t show your hand to other players

Don't get me wrong, mate, I'd love us to know more about what's going on, but I can see why we don't.

It's a business. No other business I know let's people know what's going on within the board room etc so I agree with you that there's no reason why a football club would be any different

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Doesn't matter what happens before the game today. We're not going up and it's unlikely we'll go down on the strength of today's result in isolation.

Tell you what would be good - Hutchinson and Kelman starting today.

No, we won't get relegated due to today's result in isolation but we need to be beating the bottom team at home. If we do end up in a relegation battle, there will be far tougher points to gain than home v Plymouth.

I'd like another striker, winger and defender. Won't happen until next week at the earliest. That's when clubs like us gets what is left.

No, we won't get relegated due to today's result in isolation but we need to be beating the bottom team at home. If we do end up in a relegation battle, there will be far tougher points to gain than home v Plymouth.

Agreed, but not desperate enough that we need to sign anyone, just to parade them before and during the game, which was more my point.

The Anti Ron sentiment interest me.
At the end of the 90s I was vehemently anti MD/Delancey, feeling that there was no interest in the football club at all, the JM turning native thing etc.
Napper and I found links to Johnson at a couple of clubs too.
Having been through the problems at the end of the Rubin’s, Johnson and the latter Vic years it seemed nothing had changed....But Ron seemed to gain interest in the football, bought out Delancey and then , with overstretching in the championship badly mishandled behind him, he seemed to mellow.
True, the investment in the club has been little more than keeping heads above water at times, but given the state we were in in 96/7 I now back the man.
The only alternatives which have surfaced over the past 20 years have been at blest unviable, at worst a joke. Sure he has made some mistakes, primarily in the ceo appointments, but the third longest spell outside of the basement in 60 years , should we stay up, is an achievement in my mind.

Am I setting my expectations too low ?

For anyone there today, keep a look out in the stands on behalf of us all here on SZ, and please spill the beans on who the mysterious defender is.

James Collins (Ipswich) ??

I highly doubt it, as he signed for Ipswich just yesterday afternoon on a loan until the end of the season.

And especially when you add to that he is in the starting line up for Ipswich this afternoon against Rotherham. :ROFL:

Last edited:
Back