• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

But it wasn't just Hendrie though, Turner and White let Ladapo get behind them on too many occasions and annoyed me with their continuing hoofing up to Cox.

I actually think Hendrie has been playing well, yes he made a mistake today, which he paid a high price for, but with Demi due back soon, is a full back really the priority

It wasn’t just Hendrie today, no. But we have a couple of CB’s who should return soon, and actually I think turner looks ok next to Moore. Coker is out for the season as is kyps. So we have (IMO) a poor left back with no back up.

Truly, I’m living the dream.

Anyway, sod the long term. They improved an already-good side for little-to-no outlay. Vital for clubs like ours who are trying to punch above their financial weight in League One by looking at the top 6. We did of course have Charlie Daniels on loan who later signed and eventually made us a fair few pennies in the process.

Point taken and accepted.

No Mo Eisa in the Bristol City squad. Must be on the move somewhere. Unfortunately, I bet it's not us. Furthermore, I'm not convinced we'd play to his strengths anyway.

Another ex-Orient forward? You guys are OBSESSED. Though so would I be if I had witnessed both Tony Richards AND Jabo Ibehre after they’d perfected their craft at the Home Of Football.

Well, aside from making the League One playoff final a mere five years ago, I suppose.

You're OBSESSED with our club. I think your kidding yourself if you think you support Orient. You openly admit to missing games and spend a lot of time on shrimperzone.

Maybe it's time to admit Southend are your 'big club'.

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982
Chris Powell on trying to sign a defender on loan from the Championship: "We’re hopeful it will get resolved early next week."

Is this SCP's way of saying - hopefully Ron will pay the tax bill soon meaning we'll be out of an embargo so that we can actually sign some players ?

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982
Chris Powell on trying to sign a defender on loan from the Championship: "We’re hopeful it will get resolved early next week."

Is this SCP's way of saying - hopefully Ron will pay the tax bill soon meaning we'll be out of an embargo so that we can actually sign some players ?

I’d say so. The ball must be firmly in Ron’s court. I wish he’d pull his finger out so we can sign the 2 or 3 we need this week or we are in danger of some serious rot setting in

We will know for certain when we do finally sign someone. Please god let it be tomorrow - that defender must surely be about to sign. We need strikers though, as has been said 1000 times since Hopper was injured. Why the hell we are halfway through January without a single striker having been signed I can’t possibly imagine. It won’t be the manager’s fault though, it’s them what pays and negotiates (and occasionally rants in the dressing room).

Personally I would love to see a new midfielder. A real box to box man who can tackle at one end and get a decent shot away at the other end. Someone who can read a game and pick out a pass to split defences. In fact I’m looking for someone in the Ryan Leonard mode thought it was going to be Dru but for whatever reason it’s not happening for him. I think you could sign a brilliant striker but with no decent balls or link up play between midfield and strikers it would be a waste of time.

Sorry I’ve been out, pure guess but he fits the bill.

I'd be surprised if it's Kenlock. He'd started Ipswich's last two games before they signed Elder on loan from Leicester and Paul Lambert has said it's between those two for the left-back slot, as Jonas Knudsen wants to leave the club.

Throwing another name out there, Sam Hart (left-back) has just returned to Blackburn after a loan spell at Rochdale.

According to Alan Swann (Peterborough Journo) Colin Daniel (LB) turned down a move to Southend. Obviously not the defender CP is talking about, but interesting to see a fellow L1 defender couldn't/wouldn't agree terms. Maybe harder for CP than some realise/

According to Alan Swann (Peterborough Journo) Colin Daniel (LB) turned down a move to Southend. Obviously not the defender CP is talking about, but interesting to see a fellow L1 defender couldn't/wouldn't agree terms. Maybe harder for CP than some realise/

Interesting. However, if it's true then its still speculation that his reasons were anything to do with Southend or our offer at all. It may be personal, family or other reasons (such as a desire to move to a specific different club or part of the country).

Back