• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

Just for Info, I see that Scunthorpe after a poor start to the season and hanging in the relegation zone, have gone above us following a great run since they brought in 8 players during the transfer window. I mention it only because their is a tendency to think if you bring in a large mob , it will always fail , clearly that is not the case

Just for Info, I see that Scunthorpe after a poor start to the season and hanging in the relegation zone, have gone above us following a great run since they brought in 8 players during the transfer window. I mention it only because their is a tendency to think if you bring in a large mob , it will always fail , clearly that is not the case
Give it up. We have 13 out injured. We can't go creating a squad of 30 players for 4 months where we are just 3-4 wins from safety.

It is interesting that Walsall got Ferrier for about 35,000 last summer. Maybe Chris Powell and his management team are running the rule of some of the leading big strikers in the conference in preparation for a summer move. McCallum (Eastleigh) and Armstrong (Gateshead but on loan from Middlesborough) are among the tall strikers getting goals in that league.

Interesting that Ferrier was not in the Walsall squad for their defeat on Saturday. It was our other missed target (the striker from QPR) who started up front in his place.

Ferrier hasn't an outstanding record- other than for blaming his agent when moves unravel and he looks a fool. Offer accepted, deal negotiated with agent, then the player changes his mind- no doubt turning down more wages now for the dream move thats bound to happen in the summer..

I just have a feeling we dodged a bullet on this one

It is interesting that Walsall got Ferrier for about 35,000 last summer. Maybe Chris Powell and his management team are running the rule of some of the leading big strikers in the conference in preparation for a summer move. McCallum (Eastleigh) and Armstrong (Gateshead but on loan from Middlesborough) are among the tall strikers getting goals in that league.

A better option might be to sign someone released from the PL with a proven track record on a free. I see a big strong young lad playing in L1 one, score a great goal on Saturday. Turned and shoved his man aside with ease, was nice and positive and always intended to shoot...….Just what a club like ours needs.

Held the ball up well when his team were down to 10. You would think his fans would be talking more about it on their forum, especially as he scored 2 on his previous away game for them.....Bizarely their more concerned with having a dig at another one of their young players who slipped and got a red...….Still that's football for you.

Last edited:
Only two I can see that might is Joe Mason, previously mentioned who was number one target for Charlton but owner confirmed he won’t bring any one else in or Darren Bent who obviously SCP has previous connections with

Certainly will need to be creative. Checking transfermarkt for free agents, not that I believe it's wholly reliable but Darren Bent, Leon Best, Jay Simpson and a lesser known Kaylen Hinds are regional possible I guess. Although I don't know how up-to-date that website is, I know who I'd want out of that list.

Darren Bent could still do a job for us I reckon but he won’t be cheap. Jay Simpson I don’t think would be an improvement to what we’ve already got.

Back