• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January Sales Thread

I like to think they are looking to unearth a gem from the lower leagues, like Freddie.

I wonder if the line 'being clever' could be a pay-as-you-play deal for Bent. I don't think he wants to give up his media work but wants to play again. Could suit both parties until the summer.

I'd happily take him if it suits the club in terms of finance. The guy once went for £26m! Whilst I acknowledge it was a while ago, he still has enough experience and ability to do a job.

There was of course Nile Ranger if he hasn't signed for Rochdale.

I'd give Kaylen Hinds a go if that was possible. I don't know if he's based in the UK or Germany based on his last club. He looks strong, his young. But who knows...

edit: Scratch that. I've just read why he was released by Wolfsburg.

I wonder if the line 'being clever' could be a pay-as-you-play deal for Bent. I don't think he wants to give up his media work but wants to play again. Could suit both parties until the summer.

I'd happily take him if it suits the club in terms of finance. The guy once went for £26m! Whilst I acknowledge it was a while ago, he still has enough experience and ability to do a job.

The Brazilian Ronaldo broke the world record transfer fee in 1997 when he signed for Inter for $27m but we wouldn't want him, would we?

:ROFL:

Also, I don't think we're bringing someone in to be 1st choice so a "Pay as you Play" deal is unlikely to be attractive.

Then maybe just maybe it’s Mr Bent

I don’t know... he said that they ‘are being a bit creative’ which sounds to me as though they are looking at someone who might not yet be available, as it were, and working out whether and how that person might be able to become available...

The Brazilian Ronaldo broke the world record transfer fee in 1997 when he signed for Inter for $27m but we wouldn't want him, would we?

:ROFL:

Speak for yourself :Moon: actually a 50 year old Ronaldo might rip it up in League One - as long as his weight didn’t make him sink into the quagmire of winter League One pitches

I don’t know... he said that they ‘are being a bit creative’ which sounds to me as though they are looking at someone who might not yet be available, as it were, and working out whether and how that person might be able to become available...

I thought that was a bit of a weird statement too, but I thought someone already had to have been released by 31 January 2019 in order to be signed outside of the window.

I wonder if it meant they were being creative with how they're going to pay the wages (maybe he's got previous as a builder and give a hand over at Fossett's and be paid via the construction company to get round Financial Fair Play rules!)

I thought that was a bit of a weird statement too, but I thought someone already had to have been released by 31 January 2019 in order to be signed outside of the window.

I wonder if it meant they were being creative with how they're going to pay the wages (maybe he's got previous as a builder and give a hand over at Fossett's and be paid via the construction company to get round Financial Fair Play rules!)

That does sound a bit dodgy and if we’ve reached the stage where the manager needs to do ‘favours’ at the training ground to drum up a transfer budget then things are worse than I thought! But it might just be me...

A4E373CA-2347-453E-8B4F-B34191F1BFA7.jpeg

Last edited:
You cant get away from the fact that we shouldnt be in this pretty desperate situation. Suddenly we are being creative apparently. We should have started being creative 3 months ago

Gary Hooper has been seen at the training ground according to people on Travelzone coach Saturday. Free agent, pay as you play maybe

Gary Hooper has been seen at the training ground according to people on Travelzone coach Saturday. Free agent, pay as you play maybe
Hooper isn't a free agent, but even if he was the reason he hasn't played for Sheffield Wednesday recently is because he's had an injury for the last 14 months and Bruce doesn't think he'll even be ready to train until the end of the month. The last thing we'd need is more injured players.

I don't see why so many think he would have such an affinity with the club to want to rejoin at any point. His first spell was hardly based on fond times, being misused and eventually sold.

Back