• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Activity.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
I know I maybe jumping the gun a bit but I always look forward to the activity that the transfer window brings. And we all love sitting on the Zone with SSN on with the last final minutes ticking down and seeing what last minute panic buys Southend United and every other team buy.

So my question now to the Zoners is who are we going to buy in January or who would you like us to sign?

Jean Francois-Chistophe - He is a must sign we need to sign this bloke he is the missing link in our midfield, he tracks back well and adds strength to our defence.

Dan Harding - Has done an excellent job so far this season during his loan and as we are pushed for left backs at the club, Harding is a must sign.

I would love to sign Hal Robson-Kanu, Lee Sawyer and Adam Federici but I can't see us likely to get any of them. If we can get Sawyer/Kanu till the end of the season on loan would be excellent.

Defenders - We have a serious lack of defenders at the club and the first teamers know that, so they can play badly without the worry of being dropped as they have no competition. Maybe a half decent centre back to give some competition for Barrett and Clarke, will make them buck their ideas up when they have their little poor spells.

As for departures I am not quite sure who will go but the obvious one (if anyone wants him, sorry Ant) is Richie Foran he has to dump this tub of lard. But as for selling players I don't think we are really in a place to sell players otherwise we could end up in a pickle like we have before with such a small squad.

And Christophe isn't that good. He will be a good squad player but for a defensive midfielder, we've been conceding an awful amount of goals with him in the team...

Defenders - We have a serious lack of defenders at the club and the first teamers know that, so they can play badly without the worry of being dropped as they have no competition. Maybe a half decent centre back to give some competition for Barrett and Clarke, will make them buck their ideas up when they have their little poor spells.

We don't need competition for Barrett & Clarke - can anyone say that they've ever seen either player give anything less than 100%? What we need is a replacement for one of them and some cover for the other defensive positions.

We don't need competition for Barrett & Clarke - can anyone say that they've ever seen either player give anything less than 100%? What we need is a replacement for one of them and some cover for the other defensive positions.

Spot on Beefy, to me they are the same player. I think we need someone in the Gary Richards mould to play alongside one of them.

Tilly has done reasonably well in the Jan window before. Remember Efe Sodje at the last minute which just gave us a lift for the rest of the season.

Ooh, I can't wait.

Obviously, I'd want us to keep all our loan players here (with the exception of Feders as that's unrealistic).

I'd hope that:

• Cristophe would sign a 2/3 year deal, signed for no more then 100k as he's got 6 months left on his contract.
  • Harding to sign, hopefully no more then 300k. 200k or less would be a bargain.
  • A centre back, not too fussed whether youthful or experienced, but if youthful must be a good player to start with, worthy of any league one team. Experienced would be great, an old head that's seen it before.
If we got those and the loanee's stayed, I'd be very happy.

Also whats the betting we get the good old 'Freddy has been spotted at Roots Hall' etc etc. We are going to get him back rubbish we get every year.

And Christophe isn't that good. He will be a good squad player but for a defensive midfielder, we've been conceding an awful amount of goals with him in the team...

Sorry you were saying?

Twice now he has saved our arse at the last minute but wait he isn't that good!

Ooh, I can't wait.

Obviously, I'd want us to keep all our loan players here (with the exception of Feders as that's unrealistic).

I'd hope that:

• Cristophe would sign a 2/3 year deal, signed for no more then 100k as he's got 6 months left on his contract.
  • Harding to sign, hopefully no more then 300k. 200k or less would be a bargain.
  • A centre back, not too fussed whether youthful or experienced, but if youthful must be a good player to start with, worthy of any league one team. Experienced would be great, an old head that's seen it before.
If we got those and the loanee's stayed, I'd be very happy.

Baring in mind both players are freebies at the end of the season I think your #200k - #300k is a bit off.

Baring in mind both players are freebies at the end of the season I think your #200k - #300k is a bit off.

Blimey I didn't realise that was the case we might actually get a couple of bargains there if we can sign them both..

Anyone recon there will be any suprise leavers?

Some decent competition for Francis' position wouldn't go amiss.

In my eye's Francis is still the weak link in the team.

Would be superb if we could sign Christophe, Sawyer, Federici, and Harding.

Not so sure about Robson-Kanu, if we sign him that would be great, if we dont sign him, i'm sure we could get someone else in.

Interestingly, in today's People, Hotline section, it mentions Sawyer being tracked by MK Dons, Leeds and Charlton. Competition for us already, or his agent trying to stir up some interest. Either way, the nice quiet sign him with no-one noticing ploy is out of the question now.

If we are doing shopping lists we need:

1. a centre-back
2. a left-back
3. a left-sided midfielder
4. a midfielder with a bit of class who can pass the ball

Would be delighted if Harding was the left-back and Sawyer was the midfielder who can pass.

January is always a tough time to sign good quality players as clubs are reluctant to let them go. Helps if their contracts are due to expire in the summer though.

Would like to see Harding and Fed snapped up. Think we really do need competition at the back. A new centre back would be a bonus but a new right back is a must. Francis, judging by what I have read, has became too complacent and needs a good kick up the arse to get his season going.

In midfield the lost of Christophe would be bitter if his loan is not extended or we can not sign him but we do have Macca and Grant waiting in the wings so not so worried about this. What we need is a action packed, attacking playmaker. It seems, again from only what i have read, the midfield this year is not as creative as it has been over the years. Obv the loss of Bailey and Gower have hindered this somewhat. I personally think Gower was a big loss over the summer and need a attacking winger/midfield who can find the killer pass or get good,whipped in crosses into the box.

Upfront - sorted. Probably one of the best forward lines in the league.

So overall

Fed and Harding to stay
Competition for Francis
Attacking midfielder

Bonus players

Centre Back
Another winger

Get them in and we have a squad capable of great things in my opinion.

Back