• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all well and good, but how about these sides :-

Port Vale
Northampton Town
Bury
Scunthorpe United

All tipped for great things with their proactive forays into the marketplace.

I expect Scunny to be promoted to replace us.

The Cobblers are definitely in contention too.

Yes, but this was when they were in League One at the time.

Fair enough.

Still struggling to understand how Bury and Scunny managed to get themselves relegated. There were many good players but the whole fell well short of the sum of the parts for both clubs.

Personally I think the first signing should be a Chief Exec to deal with the January transfers.

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell will not allow the forthcoming January transfer window to distract him ahead of the Shrimpers’ next few matches.

More...

Said no Southend United fan since August.
You don’t mention I was making that comment over. Reference to Cherno Samba. He wouldn’t be an improvement over what we have, extremely high paid, extremely slow, collects yellow and red cards for fun, so yes would rather keep what we have over himas strange as that maybe

This is the whole thing with this type of thread.

Hundreds of names are chucked about and most are either unlikely to come here/we can't afford them/they aren't an improvement anyway.

There's two key areas, possibly three now, where we need to strengthen, just to get a few results and some confidence back.

Beyond that, we should utilise what we have and consider as we go along, regarding next season, wherever that may be.

Only if we collect a serious points haul in the next 4 games is it worth even getting excited about any potential incomings in January.

Exactly.

If there are problem players then offload them if needs be and a couple of loans in and we can build from there.

Seriously at present Sol should just get a few decent loan signings and then if we do well over the next few games against these teams near the bottom ,and i win win at least 4 out of 6 of them and have a real chance of avoiding relegation then look for decent signings should there be any .

Seriously at present Sol should just get a few decent loan signings and then if we do well over the next few games against these teams near the bottom ,and i win win at least 4 out of 6 of them and have a real chance of avoiding relegation then look for decent signings should there be any .

I wonder if Sol Campbell will be able to entice any promising players from Macclesfield who have not been paid. Fiacre Kelleher is a 6'3" centre-back who might be useful.

I wonder if Sol Campbell will be able to entice any promising players from Macclesfield who have not been paid. Fiacre Kelleher is a 6'3" centre-back who might be useful.

I think it is likely that he may sign one or two from Macclesfield, if so, hopefully they can adapt to Division One and also to living in the South.

Macclesfield players have been paid now apparently, so a fee would need paying. Sol would know most of them (obviously not the players signed in the summer), so they know his style which is a big plus, and hopefully they would want to move nd can step up the level

We've won one game all season. Winning 4 out of the next 6 is stretching the bounds of optimism...…. However, should that happen, RM might decide it's worth gambling in January but, personally, I don't think he's going to face that dilemma.

We've won one game all season. Winning 4 out of the next 6 is stretching the bounds of optimism...…. However, should that happen, RM might decide it's worth gambling in January but, personally, I don't think he's going to face that dilemma.
Thats why i said win 4 of the next 6 because i believe we need to to have any hope of salvaging our league 1 status .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back