• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than a LB tbh my expectation is ways will need to be found to send some out before any come in. And this way round cant see other than a LB signings till the end of the window...

I have it on good authority that we are signing someone this evening dead on 18:30hrs

African sounding name..... E'mbargo

Only let him go if it’s a permanent deal.

According to the squad contracts thread his contract expires this summer, so would it be any worse if it’s a loan to end of season and STFC pick up his wages? Whilst not sure they would want to, for us it’s the financial aspect that is key. Or is there some other consideration to this, ie FFP or some other such implication?

According to the squad contracts thread his contract expires this summer, so would it be any worse if it’s a loan to end of season and STFC pick up his wages? Whilst not sure they would want to, for us it’s the financial aspect that is key. Or is there some other consideration to this, ie FFP or some other such implication?

Contract cancelled by mutual consent?

Only let him go if it’s a permanent deal.

Would also explain why we haven't finalised Theo staying at ColU. I cant see Cox staying with us, he was at Swindon earlier in his career so he may be happy to go back.

I can't see that Cox would want to leave South Benfleet.

The only thing that might push it through is he's age , a contract offer long enough to justify the move because the way he's performed of late and age ... He won't have many offers that is for sure. being out of contract in the summer might just persuade him to go.

Would also explain why we haven't finalised Theo staying at ColU. I cant see Cox staying with us, he was at Swindon earlier in his career so he may be happy to go back.
He had the most productive goal scoring seasons in his career there back in 2007- 2009 or thereabouts. Averaged nearly a goal every two games. He did of course benefit from having the legendary Billy Paynter as strike partner.

If we ain’t gonna play him then I’d send him to them on loan for remainder of season unless we get a very good cash offer for him, frees up a fair bit of the budget also:Thumbs up:

No truth in this rumour according to CP/Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back