• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bradley is a very decent player, he played a loan spell with us in 2013, he is very quick, which is not surprising really his mother is former Olympic sprinter Sonia Lannaman.

Surely he isn't that good if its talking about him going to non-league? Seems to have fallen off since 2013

Surely he isn't that good if its talking about him going to non-league? Seems to have fallen off since 2013
Gillingham supporting mate (not a close one obviously) of mine just told me he was s***e for them, could be a case of things just not fitting and working out i guess, or he could just be s***e

Berra and Glenn Whelan been released from Hearts. Bit old, but might offer cover options and experience for the remainder of the season...

Dear Sol can play football Manager for real and genuinely doesnt have to worry about the finances personally. I cant help wondering if allowed to, whether Sol would like to consort himself? just chip in a bit?, Sols alleged £2m a year contract for 4 years from Spurs to Arsenal has also contributed to Sols skills in developing his and Fionas £50m+ Property Empire, Fiona is the daughter of Mr. Barratt of Barratt homes.but as an interior designer has done really well herself
So my new plan is generous Sol dips into his pockets just a tiny bit to help pay for some of the wages and a few new starlets and Barratts contemplates the purchase of our Stadium and chips in on the new one.
Any way let the imagination run wild,

Dear Sol can play football Manager for real and genuinely doesnt have to worry about the finances personally. I cant help wondering if allowed to, whether Sol would like to consort himself? just chip in a bit?, Sols alleged £2m a year contract for 4 years from Spurs to Arsenal has also contributed to Sols skills in developing his and Fionas £50m+ Property Empire, Fiona is the daughter of Mr. Barratt of Barratt homes.but as an interior designer has done really well herself
So my new plan is generous Sol dips into his pockets just a tiny bit to help pay for some of the wages and a few new starlets and Barratts contemplates the purchase of our Stadium and chips in on the new one.
Any way let the imagination run wild,
Sol is suing Macclesfield for unpaid wages so I can't see him agreeing to a pay cut in order to increase the transfer budget.

Sol is suing Macclesfield for unpaid wages so I can't see him agreeing to a pay cut in order to increase the transfer budget.

Ian Holloway has just purchased £100,000 worth of shares in Grimsby Town. Perhaps Mr Martin could persuade Sol to invest with the promise of a return when the new ground is built, although from what I read on here he might have to be very patient.

Ian Holloway has just purchased £100,000 worth of shares in Grimsby Town. Perhaps Mr Martin could persuade Sol to invest with the promise of a return when the new ground is built, although from what I read on here he might have to be very patient.

IIRC, Ron did that once before, with Phil Brown.

Didn’t end well.

and Tara Brady

Unsurprisingly I'd never heard of Tara Brady so I googled him. I found and read an article in your Echo from the time he left Southend. The comments from supporters could have come straight off this message-board today. That article was EIGHT years old. I begin to understand why there is so much cynicism on here.

Unsurprisingly I'd never heard of Tara Brady so I googled him. I found and read an article in your Echo from the time he left Southend. The comments from supporters could have come straight off this message-board today. That article was EIGHT years old. I begin to understand why there is so much cynicism on here.

Well if you knew Tara as well as I do, I can assure you it was a mess he was eventually pleased to get out of. Believe me he is no fool but even RM had him going for a few months.

He seems to be doing ok these days, funny that.

https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/company-tara-brady

Gillingham supporting mate (not a close one obviously) of mine just told me he was s***e for them, could be a case of things just not fitting and working out i guess, or he could just be s***e

He has played over 100 games for Gillingham since 2015 so he can't be that bad! I think he fell out of favour when that bully Steve Evans arrived.

He has played over 100 games for Gillingham since 2015 so he can't be that bad! I think he fell out of favour when that bully Steve Evans arrived.
Not a fan of Evans either, and yes he has, if thats how many he played then good for him, just passing on what my mate said and that was he had been s***e for them

Oooooh, now there’s a can of worms I’d love to open up publicly...

I wonder what he’s been up to recently?

:Whistling::Whistling::Whistling:

Yeah, I heard things got a little tasty when Tara Brady complained about broken promises, and wanted some of his money back. He invested in the club and the stadium rumoured to be 150K, and had problems getting paid a salary, even tho he did a really good job at Southend. I know he cut the clubs expenses quite a bit at that time. Ron paid him back in the end. He used to travel on supporters coaches and sit with them. Some of you might even know that he used to spar in the boxing ring with Bilel Mohsni.

Yeah, I heard things got a little tasty when Tara Brady complained about broken promises, and wanted some of his money back. He invested in the club and the stadium rumoured to be 150K, and had problems getting paid a salary, even tho he did a really good job at Southend. I know he cut the clubs expenses quite a bit at that time. Ron paid him back in the end. He used to travel on supporters coaches and sit with them. Some of you might even know that he used to spar in the boxing ring with Bilel Mohsni.

Yep. Only recently been told about him getting his money back though. That’s an interesting story, but as it’s not mine to tell, I will refrain.

I remember the black-eye that Mohsni gave him in sparring. Bil was a ****ing lunatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back