• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing us we'll sign a Premier League kid striker who isn't ready and contributes nothing, yet we'll play him over Kelman, Rush and Acquah

I would be happy with 2 incoming , its clear the squads at least becoming competitive in recent weeks , improved fitness is obviously playing a role and perhaps those in the dressing room who have had to much influence in recent times know their times up , i dont think putting 5/6 lads into the team would do us much good unless their world beaters in which case they wouldn't be signing for us.

Let Sam Barrett have a run in the team as the season draws to a close and see if we have a player on our hands , same goes with others who are on the fringes currently.

Last edited:
I'd play ahead of most of this squad, would've made it too if it wasn't for that damn knee injury:Winking2:
I thought having a long standing ongoing injury would be seen as a plus point when being considered as a player for Southend.

Just thought (hoped!) there might be something in the pipeline but not yet announced.

Don’t we have until midday tomorrow to complete a transfer to play at 1500, or have I just made that up?

Having Barratt back is like a new signing, can’t see him getting much involvement though. Understandably.

Has anyone else noticed that the club statement has been redacted? Originally it specified five targets, three permanent and two loan. It specified the respective positions to be filled according to whether the targets were permanent or loan. Somebody must have pulled the details.

Has anyone else noticed that the club statement has been redacted? Originally it specified five targets, three permanent and two loan. It specified the respective positions to be filled according to whether the targets were permanent or loan. Somebody must have pulled the details.
“We are actively looking to bring in players, whilst others move on in this window, to strengthen Sol Campbell’s squad”. Sol is adamant he’s going to win this one eh? I’ll be just as interested to see who exits .. that could be just as crucial as any incomings.

Sadly moving players on is not as easy, dont have to move if they don’t want too. Most seem to be willing to sit on the bench and take the salary, rather than play somewhere else for a little less cash.

Sadly moving players on is not as easy, dont have to move if they don’t want too. Most seem to be willing to sit on the bench and take the salary, rather than play somewhere else for a little less cash.

I am probably wrong, but I would not be surprised if Hopper is sold during the window and the striker identified by Sol as a target and mentioned by the Chairman in his recent radio interview, is the replacement.

Interesting that the Chairman had nothing to say about the Ridgewell situation but hopefully that problem will be resolved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back