• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly moving players on is not as easy, dont have to move if they don’t want too. Most seem to be willing to sit on the bench and take the salary, rather than play somewhere else for a little less cash.

Two have already gone (Hamilton and Ndukwu), Robinson should be easy enough to move on so that’s three out. We may also be able to offload a Cox or Kiernan. I suspect what it’s really waiting for is Bwomono or Kelman as we’d actually get some cash for them.

Two have already gone (Hamilton and Ndukwu), Robinson should be easy enough to move on so that’s three out. We may also be able to offload a Cox or Kiernan. I suspect what it’s really waiting for is Bwomono or Kelman as we’d actually get some cash for them.
The two gone were recalled form loan by there clubs, i was talking about selling or moving on contracted players. If your on say 8k per week and are offered 5k elsewhere i do not think many would take that sort of pay cut, thats why its hard to move them on, they will sit tight and stay ion the contract that they have, no one can make them go. Sadly its the way it is these days

I am probably wrong, but I would not be surprised if Hopper is sold during the window and the striker identified by Sol as a target and mentioned by the Chairman in his recent radio interview, is the replacement.

Interesting that the Chairman had nothing to say about the Ridgewell situation but hopefully that problem will be resolved soon.
I would hope hopper isnt sold, but if they are planning for league 2, do we think he will play there? Same for Humphrys, Bwomono and a few of the other contracted players. It’s a dilemma that needs to be looked at, selling when you go down means you may not get their true value as you may be seen as a distressed seller, sell now and you will get closer to that value.

is there a case to by players willing to play in league 2, as in players in league 2 tu have the ability to play league 1 but won’t be overly worried if we go down as they buy into what’s going on now and blooding some youngsters?

I'm not sure how much Hopper and particularly Humphrys can claim to be too good for L2, they play for a club cut adrift at the bottom of L1. Humphrys in particular hasn't really kicked on from the potential he had when we signed him, maybe a season in L2 would do him good and allow him to become the prolific player he looks like he could be

I'm not sure how much Hopper and particularly Humphrys can claim to be too good for L2, they play for a club cut adrift at the bottom of L1. Humphrys in particular hasn't really kicked on from the potential he had when we signed him, maybe a season in L2 would do him good and allow him to become the prolific player he looks like he could be
Hopper, however, is a class act playing in a poor side. Now that he has regained full fitness I would think he would be a very attractive prospect for a FL1 side pushing for promotion.

Interesting comments listening to Ron on BBC Essex (Dave Monk show) yesterday.

Re the signings there will be players going out (talks are already advanced) but he says it will be irresponsible to let players go before the new players come in. The 3 permanent players are more than capable of playing in L1 but also accept that they may be in L2 next season. The 2 loanees will go back once their loans finish.

The other point of note is that it was Jason Demetriou who had phoned Ron requesting he met with the team yesterday at training.

I not sure Humphrys has ever claimed that. In any case the L1 club that have already made an offer for him obviously think he is better than L2.

I not sure Humphrys has ever claimed that. In any case the L1 club that have already made an offer for him obviously think he is better than L2.

@rigsby you said before we’ve had offers for two players... I may have missed it, but who is the other player we’ve received an offer for?

Which of our players have release clauses in their contracts if/when we are relegated?

Hopefully it is not all of them.

Which of our players have release clauses in their contracts if/when we are relegated?

Hopefully it is not all of them.

Hopefully all of them. I wouldn’t want any of them at the Club next season. They have been nothing short of a disgrace, and the majority of them have played a part in a horrendous two year spell (some of them even more).

Also, their “player power” has seen the back of arguably our best manager of the last decade in Phil Brown, a Club legend in Chris Powell, and Kevin Bond and haven’t improved a huge amount under Sol Campbell.

When we go down, I won’t shed a single tear when any of these “players” leave.

I personally think Theo's wages will be a massive sticking point in his deal going thru. Will he want to drop 30/50% to go to Colchester!? Unlikely. It'll probably all happen at the end of the month... IF it does happen.

Hang on did I miss the news that we turned down a bid for Humphrys or is he leaving? which club was it?

Hang on did I miss the news that we turned down a bid for Humphrys or is he leaving? which club was it?

Donny have bid for Humphrys and Charlton are in for Elvis..... I suspect one or both could go depending on whether we are able to sign replacements

Last edited:
Donny have bid for Humphrys and Charlton are in for Elvis..... I suspect one or both could go depending on whether we are able to sign replacements

If we lose today then they can both go, we could even offer a 2 for 1 deal if you don't pay double you get Milligan too

Hearing solid rumours that we have a player leaving tonight. Will be interesting to see if humphrys or bwomono play...

I’d be gutted if Humphrys or Elvis left, they would be on the cheap too.

Believe Hopper has a free release clause on relegation. Ie, if we want money for him it will be this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back