• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time a new manager's former club stopped paying wages we helped ourselves to Jonathan Hunt, Mick Bodley and Derek Payne.

I'm pretty sure there are no Jonathan Hunt's languishing at Macclesfield but we might be able to find a slow centre half who can hoof it or someone small who can slap David Speedie in the face.
I'd take a repeat of that plus a Ricky Otto. Hunt went to Brum for £500k didn't he? Not a bad profit. I'd take Sol transforming the club Fry-style even if he does leave for pastures new as a result. Now there was a manager who could get the best out of players.

There are probably some decent, motivated, fit bottom half/mid table L2 players who contracts end in the summer that would be delighted to come & the clubs will take 50/100k plus sell ons now rather than nothing later. You may say a fee (ha ha ha) but actually this is much cheaper than the prior tactic of getting older players on their way down on a free then paying them 5 times as much in wages.

Sol knows a bit about L2 and probably has a few targets there

Loanees from Prem I am not so sure- the kids fail more often than not and lack the sort of character for the dog fight we are in.

Personally I would take 6 players who actually put an effort in and showed commitment ...if that's Prem loans, ageing pros, League 2 players I'm at the point where I'm not fussed!!!

Why would players who are doing well in Lower league clubs want to come here in Jan. Why would their clubs even consider it.

The most likely option would be the Sam Hart, Taylor Moore type player on loan. Having said that were not even a good advert for loanees this season. One can't get a game and the other needs to be in a more attacking role to get the best from him.

When Sol first started, I did say we needed to get the best from what we already had as January was to far away. So far we haven't won a point and after seeing that performance on Saturday it looked like several players think I'm not part of the plans and others thinking lets just wait until January.

Not blaming just Sol but he needs to think more positive. Players don't give goals away in the first minute if you put the ball down their end from your own kick.

He should look at the Wimbledon league game and see what Hutch and Hamilton did for 30 minutes. By playing football in the last third. More to the point it was end product football rather than 65% possession but lose 4-0 nonsense. Its the only time we have created any sustained pressure on the opposition.

Forget hiding the sauce bottles. If we don't see some sort of spark then there's no agent or trusted parent/adviser in the land who will want their player at Southend.

In a period where we have lacked football there has been far to much talk and now we need some action. We need a win and we need it badly. It will do us all a world of good.

Last edited:
Top man.

Snowflakes need not apply.

Only backs to wall men, who want to fight going forward.

There be decent players in League 2 in bottom half of league 2, going nowhere, they would fancies a move away and to work with Sol Campbell, after all, he know the league well.

How about Ryan Leonard on loan.....don't think he is currently getting much game time at Millwall at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back