• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe instead of the fee, Col U have agreed on paying all the wages instead. Best for all concerned.

I think this- whether they pick up the wages or don't and pay a small fee to compensate probably doesn't matter to us.

Anyway good for Theo if agreed as I suspect he wants to be playing football.

As we get close to the halfway stage in the window I wonder if we will go to the wire. 15 clubs have dived in with 33 signings, Top dogs are Lincoln , Bolton Oxford, Portsmouth and Tranmere with 18 signed up between them. Most ( 13 ) are loans from the Championship. Only 4 buys ( 2 from Bolton ) although Ron said we might fee pay ourselves for two ?

I have it on good authority with Theo going we have now concluded our transfer activity for this window ...

I have it on good authority with Theo going we have now concluded our transfer activity for this window ...

I Hope not, if we aren't going to bring anyone in to try and stay up we might as well flog some others to get them off the wage bill.

So far on this thread there have been suggestions that we have received an offer for Humphrys and that Charlton are keen on Elvis. Those two names were mentioned by our resident guru @rigsby so they well have legs. I would be surprised if there hasn't also been interest in Hopper as well given his contractual get out option if we are relegated. And there's still the Simon Cox mystery to play out. With all those possibilities it wouldn't surprise me if there is still some transfer activity still to be had at SUFC.

Re Cox... on his Twitter bio he has removed all SUFC references and the last thing he retweeted to do with the club was on 31st October.

He is now only shown as a "footballer".

I think he's gone and Sol's reference to an injury in the pubis area was probably indicating that he was being a bit of a dick. Or should I say a ****, not a Cox.

Whilst I expect to see some more activity I can’t help thinking that, based on our current squad and their performances, losing Ndukwu, Hamilton and Theo and getting Tom Clifford back is already a net gain

Re Cox... on his Twitter bio he has removed all SUFC references and the last thing he retweeted to do with the club was on 31st October.

He is now only shown as a "footballer".

I think he's gone and Sol's reference to an injury in the pubis area was probably indicating that he was being a bit of a dick. Or should I say a ****, not a Cox.
Same on Instagram (bio wise). Very cryptic last post too, about highs and lows and about being a better person. I'll be surprised if Coxy plays for us again, he doesn't appear to have clicked with Campbell.

Same on Instagram (bio wise). Very cryptic last post too, about highs and lows and about being a better person. I'll be surprised if Coxy plays for us again, he doesn't appear to have clicked with Campbell.
A good manager is one who “clicks with” all of his players—think Klopp,Pep,Rogers,Wilder etc.overpaid superstars cannot be easy to manage.Emery couldn’t get on with Oezil and Xhaka at Arsenal—look at the difference under Arteta.
Saturdays performance was crying out for a forward with vision ,skill and goal scoring ability...,,,and it’s ages since Cox started a game.
And it’s not just Cox—another of our top players was continually left watching from the bench with a hapless teenager also just watching not saving the shedloads of goals that went past him.

Sounds like something has been agreed to sign Theo Robinson, so we may see him sign for us today, that should give you a bit of room to sign another player.
I’m a bit surprised we could find enough money to finance this deal.
The word here is that we have made a bid for Theo but it has been turned down, Southend think it is too low. I doubt we will offer much more given his age and the short time left on his current contract, lets hope for his sake common sense prevails soon.
How much are we having to pay you to take him off our hands ?

I’m a bit surprised we could find enough money to finance this deal.

How much are we having to pay you to take him off our hands ?

Theo is decent at L2 level. Less so at L1 where defenders are better - it is therefore something that suits all involved. Probably his inconsistency is less apparent at L2 level also.

A good manager is one who “clicks with” all of his players—think Klopp,Pep,Rogers,Wilder etc.overpaid superstars cannot be easy to manage.Emery couldn’t get on with Oezil and Xhaka at Arsenal—look at the difference under Arteta.
Saturdays performance was crying out for a forward with vision ,skill and goal scoring ability...,,,and it’s ages since Cox started a game.
And it’s not just Cox—another of our top players was continually left watching from the bench with a hapless teenager also just watching not saving the shedloads of goals that went past him.

All of those managers you mention quickly identified who was going to fit their style of play and exited those who didn't. Thing with Emery is that he didn't get on with players he actually wanted to keep.

If you are talking about the Ox he was dropped based on a drop in form. Nothing else. He is back because he has responded (or maybe its taken a while to get over that back injury and get back to his best- which we saw glimpses of Sat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back