• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong (usually am) but Osadebe signed for Macclesfield in the close season last summer, Sol left during the close season, so guessing they overlapped by no more than a few days or so. So can we assume Sol knows about him as he only played 20 odd game sin the 2 years prior to signing with Macclesfield.

Not saying he isnt good just wondering where the Sol knows him bit comes from, from a coaching perspective it would only have been a short time, so cant see how he knows him that well.

Hopefully comes to fruition as we need some new blood

We need a transfusion mate

I may be wrong (usually am) but Osadebe signed for Macclesfield in the close season last summer, Sol left during the close season, so guessing they overlapped by no more than a few days or so. So can we assume Sol knows about him as he only played 20 odd game sin the 2 years prior to signing with Macclesfield.

Not saying he isnt good just wondering where the Sol knows him bit comes from, from a coaching perspective it would only have been a short time, so cant see how he knows him that well.

Can't really answer that with any authority, I've just been told that Osadebe likes Sol. I could guess that Sol targeted him and had discussions prior to him joining from Cambridge and maybe they have spoken again ahead of his potential move here? We know Sol wanted him at Macclesfield and Sol has publically named him as a target again.

I think I've seen him play twice for Cambridge, once against us (must have been FLT as I recall it was midweek on ifollow) and once in a pre season friendly against Bishops Stortford when my mates were managing them and coincidentally his brother (Chinedu Osadebe) was playing for them. The one thing that struck me is that he got around the pitch. I think we have missed a player like that ever since we lost Atkinson.

Can't really answer that with any authority, I've just been told that Osadebe likes Sol. I could guess that Sol targeted him and had discussions prior to him joining from Cambridge and maybe they have spoken again ahead of his potential move here? We know Sol wanted him at Macclesfield and Sol has publically named him as a target again.

I think I've seen him play twice for Cambridge, once against us (must have been FLT as I recall it was midweek on ifollow) and once in a pre season friendly against Bishops Stortford when my mates were managing them and coincidentally his brother (Chinedu Osadebe) was playing for them. The one thing that struck me is that he got around the pitch. I think we have missed a player like that ever since we lost Atkinson.

I wasn't having a go, just trying for my own mind to piece together how they worked together.
I hadn't seen Sol name him as a target for us, in fact i thought Sol had been very professional not naming targets and or clubs with players he wants etc

Thanks for the clarity

I wasn't having a go, just trying for my own mind to piece together how they worked together.
I hadn't seen Sol name him as a target for us, in fact i thought Sol had been very professional not naming targets and or clubs with players he wants etc

Thanks for the clarity
Didn't think you were having a go mate.

You are right on Sol not naming, I read the article again and whilst there are quotes from Sol on transfers the part on Osadebe is just saying the echo understands that Campbell is targeting him, no confirmation from Sol

Sol left Macclesfield 3 games into the season, so he'd have had a month of pre-season with him, a few actual games plus he must have liked Sol enough to join them in the first place.

Sol left Macclesfield 3 games into the season, so he'd have had a month of pre-season with him, a few actual games plus he must have liked Sol enough to join them in the first place.
great thanks, i was just as i said working how how log they had together. Wasn't helped by the fact I thought Sol left prior to pre season

And even longer since Cox demonstrated that.

It's something like 4 goals in 11 months and 5 managers.
I can’t be bothered to check your figures,tho to call all 5 of them “managers” is definitely questionable.
During that time Cox has been playing in a very poor side,mostly as either a lone striker or deep in midfield.To use a term I don’t much like,he’s a number 10. I put it to you,if a chance or half-chance presented itself in or around the penalty area,of all our recent players,who would you most like to see on the end of it ? Theo perhaps ??
Cox is still only 32 and covers much more ground than nearly all the others.As I’ve said,it’s an indictment of Campbell that Cox and Oxley have so regularly been omitted in favour of vastly inferior replacements.

I can’t be bothered to check your figures,tho to call all 5 of them “managers” is definitely questionable.
During that time Cox has been playing in a very poor side,mostly as either a lone striker or deep in midfield.To use a term I don’t much like,he’s a number 10. I put it to you,if a chance or half-chance presented itself in or around the penalty area,of all our recent players,who would you most like to see on the end of it ? Theo perhaps ??
Cox is still only 32 and covers much more ground than nearly all the others.As I’ve said,it’s an indictment of Campbell that Cox and Oxley have so regularly been omitted in favour of vastly inferior replacements.
And risky management or poor leadership to not be able to gel the dressing room without ostracising key players. "Clipping their wings" is one way to look at it, another way might be "foot shooting" or "nose cutting off"; and I accept it takes two to tango.
Cliches and metaphors done!

And risky management or poor leadership to not be able to gel the dressing room without ostracising key players. "Clipping their wings" is one way to look at it, another way might be "foot shooting" or "nose cutting off"; and I accept it takes two to tango.

Are there any left?!?

Sol Campbell should be applauded for identifying and cutting out those characters he thinks are detrimental to the progress of the team. Any manager worth his salt would do the same.
Daniel Stendel, the recently appointed Hearts Manager, is doing the just this to his underperforming squad to much squealing from certain senior players. The Hearts supporters are supporting Stendel overwhelmingly.

Sol Campbell should be applauded for identifying and cutting out those characters he thinks are detrimental to the progress of the team. Any manager worth his salt would do the same.
Daniel Stendel, the recently appointed Hearts Manager, is doing the just this to his underperforming squad to much squealing from certain senior players. The Hearts supporters are supporting Stendel overwhelmingly.

Agreed, the overwhelming opinion on here is that the players have had far too much power for far too long.

If Sol taking that power away makes some of them cry then let them cry, we need a different approach.

You’ve had to go back a long way to try and discredit the points I am making.Ferguson,not nearly as great as people make out,used to get away with not getting the best out of big players because Manure always had the money to buy up even bigger players.
Going back over some 50-60 years,that wealth has always been the reason for Manures successes.By way of example, I wonder how many of our older fans recall,for example,that ace strikers at other clubs like Gary Birtles,Ian Storey-Moore,Alan Brazil,Garth Crooks all got bought for silly money and then at Old Trafford did f- all.
That’s continued right up to the present—eg how much money have they wasted on the likes of Paul Pogba,originally their youth player!,Alexi Sanchez?In contrast,Man City don’t waste their (more recent) riches eg they refused to pay £80 million for Maguire,who wanted to go there.
Ibrahimovic ? He’s never been left on the bench (cf Cox,Ox ) for any length of time.
Ted MacDougal...

What he’s trying to say is that he’s trying

What he is trying to say is that he has told several players they can go or not part of his plans a bit to early. Now because of the financial mess and leaks to the press he is up the S*** creek without a paddle.

What he is trying to say is that he has told several players they can go or not part of his plans a bit to early. Now because of the financial mess and leaks to the press he is up the S*** creek without a paddle.
I am guessing that Ox is one told he won't get further contract etc and can go BUT he has done okay/well last two games. Who mediated that to happen?
Cox presumably is "to go". Hyem likely also,
Who else.
And while they are training, getting paid, looking to impress here or elsewhere aren't they still available if their mental attitude is amended to acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back