• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did think that declaring we wanted 6 or 7 in was strange message to put out when a) we're skint, Seemed to me to be exactly the sort of statement that would get thrown back at them - so why make it?

Possibly to attempt to inject some positivity into a dire negative situation at the time it was stated?.
Also RM must have realised sales of half season tickets would be minimal ( i believe less than 10 have been purchased? ) so was hoping by announcing this comment ( which like many others, looks like rebounding in his face ) it would have installed confidence in fans ( it hasn't ) to generate a few more quid into the clubs poor cash flow?.

I get there's never a good time to tell bad news....see above
Do we believe that Sol will walk, no money in the bank, situation pretty grim, unlikely to stave off relegation.....:Unsure:

If we could get 5 loanees in, who knows we might get lucky and find the odd one is actually good ? You are allowed 5 in the matchday squad. It is frustrating to see what a huge difference loanees make to our opponents year after year, from being outstanding, to top goalscorers

:Footballer:
If only, why are we in the :Goal:main so poor at recruiting excellent loanees i

We don’t want loanees we want hungry players who can get us out of league two next season. Whether we get them now or in the summer is irrelevant, plan for the future

Looks like Ben Coker is available.

I'd like a loan until the end of the season. Had his injuries but still a top player when fit

We don’t want loanees we want hungry players who can get us out of league two next season. Whether we get them now or in the summer is irrelevant, plan for the future

I get your point but feel our squad is rather slight at the moment and we dont have much money, It is a fact that a single GOOD loanee can make a big difference. Secondly a loanee may possibly come on the basis of signing for the future.
Thirdly during the January window by far the majority of players available come as loans, few are bought and not many frees

I get your point but feel our squad is rather slight at the moment and we dont have much money, It is a fact that a single GOOD loanee can make a big difference. Secondly a loanee may possibly come on the basis of signing for the future.
Thirdly during the January window by far the majority of players available come as loans, few are bought and not many frees
Fair point Barry you make a good case , but not 4 or 5, in my opinion clubs should only be allowed to have a max of 2 on the field

As much as it would be exciting to sign a load of new players, I think that this window is going to be more of a reshaping exercise with as many players leaving (if not more) than arriving and from a business sense, maybe that is a good thing. At the end of the day, we will be playing League 2 football next year so making lots of signings now may be throwing good money after bad. At least we can hopefully build a competitive squad for next season in the summer.

Where you hear that?
well heard from the best source you could ever have that Kiernan was off along with Cox and potentially Oxley as Sol publicly said we after a keeper..but dunno about the keeper now. Heard a few rumours from others that USA was Kiernan’s destination and now this CP comment pretty much confirms it.

well heard from the best source you could ever have that Kiernan was off along with Cox and potentially Oxley as Sol publicly said we after a keeper..but dunno about the keeper now. Heard a few rumours from others that USA was Kiernan’s destination and now this CP comment pretty much confirms it.
You are Ron's hair stylist and I claim my £5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back