• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point Barry you make a good case , but not 4 or 5, in my opinion clubs should only be allowed to have a max of 2 on the field

I agree with you on that . it massively distorts the permanency of the squad , especially if you do well and then all 5 leave. There are some clubs in our league running with 5. Gillingfham and example with Olly Lee doing well, 2 apparent starlets from Southampton, and their top goalscorer form Watford. However i guess if you get it right it can be a temporary boost or saviour and thats how Evans has turned things around for them . Out track record on trainee recruits overall is poor, but for a few exceptions, Why is That I wonder?

Yea but don't forget Ron has promised 5 or 6 signings with lots of fees involved. Macclesfields finest no doubt.

I honestly have no issues with us getting rid of these lot and replacing them with the youth team. Give them some experience for next season

How do you know we didn't go back in for him? Not a big leap to suggest that Shrewsbury is a far more preferable destination for him than Southend. And anyway, who says we are even in a position to make any signings right now?

And he was ok for us but that was under a different manager and with a different team. He wasn't a Campbell loanee and Sol is very clearly his own man.

I thought Hart was ok but no better than that. A booking a game and caught out a lot defensively.

i just do ,a late bid perhaps ,
remember what happend last january transfer window was it when when we first got rid of robinson went in for that wallsall striker hoping that he would come in then changed his mind then left us short up top

i just do ,a late bid perhaps ,
remember what happend last january transfer window was it when when we first got rid of robinson went in for that wallsall striker hoping that he would come in then changed his mind then left us short up top

Morgan Ferrier, played for Tranmere at Roots Hall last week.

How do you know we didn't go back in for him? Not a big leap to suggest that Shrewsbury is a far more preferable destination for him than Southend. And anyway, who says we are even in a position to make any signings right now?

And he was ok for us but that was under a different manager and with a different team. He wasn't a Campbell loanee and Sol is very clearly his own man.

I thought Hart was ok but no better than that. A booking a game and caught out a lot defensively.

CP reckons we weren’t in for him.

God this thread is becoming more depressing by the page

Depends which way you look at it- it has always been that we needed people out to bring people in (we know we are top of our budget and there are fair play rules). By getting rid of higher paid players who are underperforming this creates the ability to bring better people in. If we just release players who are on £500 per week then that is what we have to spend on those coming in..

We can only judge in a couple of weeks time...even if out track record in windows has not always been so good..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back