• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, name some that would in your opinion be willing to sign for us before the window.
Ah, that’s a different question. The post was about Oxley not the hoards of possible replacements stampeding down Fairfax Drive

Ah, that’s a different question. The post was about Oxley not the hoards of possible replacements stampeding down Fairfax Drive

Yep and you’ve said there is plenty better. Of course there is a plenty better he plays for a team sat practically dead bottom of league one. He was our player of the season a couple ago. We could have far far worse keepers. We’ve had some dross over the years and Oxley doesn’t even come close to that. I hope he stays and proves all the doubters wrong with some of those player of the season displays we know he is capable of.

You only get the embargo after the court case if you don’t settle

The other way would be things like breach of fair play or if we hadn’t paid the players resulting in the PFA stepping in (then until we paid back PFA) or not settling inter club debts.

Yep and you’ve said there is plenty better. Of course there is a plenty better he plays for a team sat practically dead bottom of league one. He was our player of the season a couple ago. We could have far far worse keepers. We’ve had some dross over the years and Oxley doesn’t even come close to that. I hope he stays and proves all the doubters wrong with some of those player of the season displays we know he is capable of.

I too would love for him to come good (again), but SUFC is not the place for him now: we won’t be able to afford his wages next season and this season we can’t afford to wait for him to come good. I just can’t see how a player goes from the heights of his POTY performances to those of the past 1.5seasons. He doesn’t seem to have any intent to improve or lift his performances. His positioning is getting worse (how does that happen at his age?!) and I really don’t agree with the view that he owned his 6yd box last week: case in point is a cross that was about 3yds out, which he left and then proceeded to holler at Elvis for when he should and could have claimed the ball. For what it’s worth, I also thought Elvis could’ve cleared it, although was right to expect Oxley to do so.

If he starts to dig out some MoM performances from now until end of the season that’d be great, but i haven’t seen any evidence that that is likely. Either way I can’t see how he is here next season, so why not get rid now, get a replacement first choice keeper and save some dosh on the wages.

Perhaps Sol looking at how Harry Seadon getting some senior experience at Dagenham ,so perhaps keeping Oxley here until end of season is not stupid . Next Season maybe we will start in league 2 with 2 young keepers in Bishop and Seadon.

I’d suggest Oxley won’t go anywhere unless a more experienced keeper is signed. Mind you if someone offered decent money ... hope not as Bish isn’t ready and would benefit from going on loan himself. He was like a rabbit in headlights earlier this season.

I’d suggest Oxley won’t go anywhere unless a more experienced keeper is signed. Mind you if someone offered decent money ... hope not as Bish isn’t ready and would benefit from going on loan himself. He was like a rabbit in headlights earlier this season.

The only people who would offer decent money for Oxley to leave would be us and unfortunately we can’t afford it.

Whilst I knew I was spot on about Coxie going to Oz last week, I am not sure about the paragraph below. lol.

The latest court case with HMRC is on the 22nd, so if as RM says it has been settled, case dismissed, transfer embargo lifted and the stampede of players to The Hall can commence.

Simples!
So is the idea and assumption being we are under a transfer embargo ??

We are not under a transfer embargo, it would be rather pointless for Ron to be working really hard to get players in if we couldn't sign players Lol.

Were just under. 44 signings to date, only 6 clubs not moved in the market. 9 clubs really busy snapping up 32 of those bringing in between 3 to 5, mostly loanees, a number of clubs have 4 or more loanees on their books. Bolton bought in 5 new recruits ( 3 loanees ) Oxford added 3 more loanees to their squad from West Ham, Feyenoord and Middlesbro !

Our turn next?

Were just under. 44 signings to date, only 6 clubs not moved in the market. 9 clubs really busy snapping up 32 of those bringing in between 3 to 5, mostly loanees, a number of clubs have 4 or more loanees on their books. Bolton bought in 5 new recruits ( 3 loanees ) Oxford added 3 more loanees to their squad from West Ham, Feyenoord and Middlesbro !

Our turn next?

Who are the 6?

Us and?

You only get the embargo after the court case if you don’t settle

Are you sure? I know FL rules are lax but you basically won’t have a club unless the petition is dismissed.

Perhaps Sol looking at how Harry Seadon getting some senior experience at Dagenham ,so perhaps keeping Oxley here until end of season is not stupid . Next Season maybe we will start in league 2 with 2 young keepers in Bishop and Seadon.

No, Seaden was sitting on the bench for them plus some Essex Senior Cup type games.

We might start next year with Bishop and Seaden but that would be because we are being cheap not because they are ready.

We are not under a transfer embargo, it would be rather pointless for Ron to be working really hard to get players in if we couldn't sign players Lol.

Yeah lol indeed. You work on signings so they’re lined up for when the transfer embargo is lifted.

Are you sure? I know FL rules are lax but you basically won’t have a club unless the petition is dismissed.

No, Seaden was sitting on the bench for them plus some Essex Senior Cup type games.

We might start next year with Bishop and Seaden but that would be because we are being cheap not because they are ready.

Yeah lol indeed. You work on signings so they’re lined up for when the transfer embargo is lifted.
I’m 90% sure as thats how I reward the rules, and also how it was explained to me

also the FA always say when a club is under an embargo and i have seen no announcement from them, it would have been reported certainly in the local press but probably a small mention in national papers given we have a high profile manager. Ive not seen either so if anyone has then they can enlighten me

Last edited:
I’m 90% sure as thats how I reward the rules, and also how it was explained to me

also the FA always say when a club is under an embargo and i have seen no announcement from them, it would have been reported certainly in the local press but probably a small mention in national papers given we have a high profile manager. Ive not seen either so if anyone has then they can enlighten me

I’m pretty sure when this last happened/was asked the FA said they don’t confirm embargoes. When that news has come out I’ve thought it’s always been on the club side.

I’m pretty sure when this last happened/was asked the FA said they don’t confirm embargoes. When that news has come out I’ve thought it’s always been on the club side.

We are not under an embargo- if we were in administration or if 22nd came and we hadn’t paid then yes we might be. Remember a winding up petition from HMRC is a bit like a reminder invoice as they don’t bother with a collections team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back