• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure when this last happened/was asked the FA said they don’t confirm embargoes. When that news has come out I’ve thought it’s always been on the club side.
It’s always in the press when teams are under one, how do they know unless the FA say so or its leaked. We would know, local press have not said anything and how i understand things we are not as yet under one, doesn’t mean we are not, just how i understand thngs

It’s always in the press when teams are under one, how do they know unless the FA say so or its leaked. We would know, local press have not said anything and how i understand things we are not as yet under one, doesn’t mean we are not, just how i understand thngs

Find an example of the FA confirming a team is under embargo then.

Previous examples haven’t always come out until after. I think they’re more common than people think because they aren’t always reported.

I’m fairly certain Ron, who has experienced many, times our transfer business around them. That’s why we often get transfers in quick succession after people been moaning why no activity and managers issue cryptic comments.

It may not be HMRC, it may be other money we owe as a result of having to prioritise HMRC.

Find an example of the FA confirming a team is under embargo then.

Previous examples haven’t always come out until after. I think they’re more common than people think because they aren’t always reported.

I’m fairly certain Ron, who has experienced many, times our transfer business around them. That’s why we often get transfers in quick succession after people been moaning why no activity and managers issue cryptic comments.

It may not be HMRC, it may be other money we owe as a result of having to prioritise HMRC.
Yorkshire i do not need to find one, just saying what i believe, it is a forum for expressing oopinion. But i have read the guidelines and as they read to me we are not under an embargo. You obviously want us to be for what ever reason or thats how it comes across, so thats fine as i say its a forum for ones own opinion

The embargo is not as straight forward as just HMRC. The EFL and the PFA have been involved over the players and staff not being paid.

Even if you could find 6 players and we could sign them, I doubt they would be up to much....Even Theo couldn't stand a few days training with us and couldn't wait to get back to Co U.........Thats right Col U, that in its self should surely wake us Shrimpers up to reality

Theo I’m taking with a pinch of salt as he wanted/wants to leave. His mind was made up before he came back. For a variety of reasons he seems to hate the place.

Theo I’m taking with a pinch of salt as he wanted/wants to leave. His mind was made up before he came back. For a variety of reasons he seems to hate the place.
One of which has left if reports are true. The fact he had a mood swing says more about him and his mindset, he trained with a team unbeaten in 3, yes in a bad place but morale picks up if you go 2 or 3 without losing. One of those bring a late comeback point which would have felt like a win. He didn’t want to be here, and for his “good” mood to go so quickly is for me more about him.

nothing against the guy always gave 100% but sometimes just doesn’t work out. Met him twice in Sainsbury great for a chat etc

I don't think he does, just the last couple of managers don't seem to have wanted him. Still lives here, and is regularly shown taking long walks along the cliffs or on the seafront with his kids on his Instagram.

Under Brown, he was very happy with Ranger and McGlashan in the same squad, at Colchester, he's very friendly with Nouble.

I don't think he does, just the last couple of managers don't seem to have wanted him. Still lives here, and is regularly shown taking long walks along the cliffs or on the seafront with his kids on his Instagram.

Under Brown, he was very happy with Ranger and McGlashan in the same squad, at Colchester, he's very friendly with Nouble.
I meant RH rather than Southend..given the choice who wouldn’t choose here over Colchester to live :)

Fair play to Theo if he prefers it at Col U and has mates there and I’d rather people were happy. Wish him the best ..

He is very friendly with Nouble and everyone else in the squad, it is a very close knit group down here who all get on well, on and off the pitch. We are on a long unbeaten run, but if we are having a bad day, you can see the players encouraging each other to keep going, Harry Pell and Luke Prosser in particular are very good at that. I think you need that if you haven't got wads of cash to spend, yes you need decent players, but good characters/team players are equally important.

Oxley may have done enough to continue as our No 1 keeper but time will tell. The rest of the team played pretty well at Accrington so maybe we don't need six new players after all - although injury cover seems to be very necessary for us!

Oxley may have done enough to continue as our No 1 keeper but time will tell. The rest of the team played pretty well at Accrington so maybe we don't need six new players after all - although injury cover seems to be very necessary for us!

You are well off compared to Macclesfield, they only had 4 subs yesterday and none of those were goalkeepers, unfortunately the one they did have played pretty well against us!

I think much of what happens will depend on Ron’s genuine belief in a chance of staying up. If he is resigned to going down I suspect he may not splash the cash unless on someone like Osadebe with a view to L2 ( although I saw he was used as a late sub yesterday). I’m happy to try and get the young lads experience but worry when we are having to play people out of position to get by (Elvis at CB). A few on here have been saying things like get rid of the lot of them and start again. I get the frustration but if we are in L2 then players I’d want to have include White, Macca, Mantom, Demi, Hopper (although cant see it) as well as the promising youngsters and add to that base.

He is very friendly with Nouble and everyone else in the squad, it is a very close knit group down here who all get on well, on and off the pitch. We are on a long unbeaten run, but if we are having a bad day, you can see the players encouraging each other to keep going, Harry Pell and Luke Prosser in particular are very good at that. I think you need that if you haven't got wads of cash to spend, yes you need decent players, but good characters/team players are equally important.
You’ve also good a good manager/assistant it seems who encourage that team spirit and have made Theo feel wanted. If Campbell can get one or two in, in key positions, I expect that they’ll be chosen mainly with character/mentality in mind. We’ve seen improvements in togetherness on the pitch and it’s yielded better results. It’s really key.

I think much of what happens will depend on Ron’s genuine belief in a chance of staying up. If he is resigned to going down I suspect he may not splash the cash unless on someone like Osadebe with a view to L2 ( although I saw he was used as a late sub yesterday). I’m happy to try and get the young lads experience but worry when we are having to play people out of position to get by (Elvis at CB). A few on here have been saying things like get rid of the lot of them and start again. I get the frustration but if we are in L2 then players I’d want to have include White, Macca, Mantom, Demi, Hopper (although cant see it) as well as the promising youngsters and add to that base.

I suspect Osadebe was semi rested in view of not getting injured before an impending transfer!

You’ve also good a good manager/assistant it seems who encourage that team spirit and have made Theo feel wanted. If Campbell can get one or two in, in key positions, I expect that they’ll be chosen mainly with character/mentality in mind. We’ve seen improvements in togetherness on the pitch and it’s yielded better results. It’s really key.

Yes good people right through the club, all the back room staff seem decent people, we have a strong link with Maldon and Tiptree where our former youth coach Wayne Brown manages them, but they also use other people from here to help out. Many suspect he will eventually be manager down here, he was offered the job previously but said he needed more experience as a manager first, hence him taking over at M and T!

If we bring anyone in it would help if it was soon. We have a nice break before the next game and chance to get someone integrating into the team rather than jumping on the coach from a services on the way to Doncaster.

Who has left? Theo? see above. Simon Cox wasn't going to get game time AND imo had fallen behind Kelman in line up. The loanees have gone back & only Hammy, imo again, was worth US playing in these relegation scraps. Not much amiss in those 4 being off.
Are we under embargo? don't know, maybe.
Has Sol got some target players? for sure, and he and Ron are likely trying their hardest to get them in, if possible.
Has Ridgewell gone? is Kiernon off?
Is Ox back to being a "player"?
Have we got money to sign the urgent needed left back, CB and midfield dynamos?
It is a conundrum for sure.
Hopefully Tim Dieng will be back for Donny.
3 players in are needed asap.

Oxley may have done enough to continue as our No 1 keeper but time will tell.

Really irritates me this. Within a few weeks we'll have lost a game and Oxley will have decided not to come out for a 50:50 ball that has ended up in the net. Everyone will be on his case again and his confidence will take a hit. The general consensus on these forums will be that he should be offloaded to Hartlepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back