• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d much rather Sol was looking at league 2 or even non league players who are up for the battle and have something to prove .. than loan players .. especially from Arsenal. Even their first team don’t appear to have any fight!
I’m sure he knows what he needs by now..

OK, let's chuck a name in:

Matt Macey - Arsenal 3rd / 4th choice Keeper

6' 7"
25 years old

could be a good shout with Sol's gooner connections

This lot are Free Agents (as far as i'm aware):

Martin Olsen - Left Back - last club: Swansea
Tommy Hoban - Centre Back - Last Club: Watford
Jack Rodwell - Defensive Midfielder - Last Club: Blackburn
Grant Ward - Central Midfielder - Last club: Ipswich
Ben Marshall - Winger - Last Club: Norwich
Isaac Buckley-Rickets - Winger - Last club: P'Boro

This lot are Free Agents (as far as i'm aware):

Martin Olsen - Left Back - last club: Swansea
Tommy Hoban - Centre Back - Last Club: Watford
Jack Rodwell - Defensive Midfielder - Last Club: Blackburn
Grant Ward - Central Midfielder - Last club: Ipswich
Ben Marshall - Winger - Last Club: Norwich
Isaac Buckley-Rickets - Winger - Last club: P'Boro

I'm sure Jack Rodwell is looking for a more high profile club than us after being linked with moves to Italy and also after a lot more in wages than we could ever pay!

Also didn't we have Buckley-Rickets on trail in the summer and he didn't impress then!

It's not a completely hopeless task. There will be senior players out of favour with their clubs desperate for first team football, and going out on loan will help put them in the shop window for a summer move.

I'd expect we might have some joy with a few loans for senior players that fit that description. I'm not sure Prem clubs will be falling over themselves to lend us their talented young players, given the environment and situation.

To be honest, two competent wingers will change the picture significantly as it will allow us another system we can use. 4-4-2 has simply not been available to us this season but Sol may like to go back to basics with this lot.

He isn't getting game time because he has a knee injury, he was a regular starter for them before that happened so I can't see him being available for loan.

https://www.newsatden.co.uk/73982-g...ate-on-fitness-of-goalkeeper-and-ryan-leonard
Thanks for update, I wasn't aware that he was out injured. That said Millwall have started to pick up points since Rowett took over at the Den so Ryan might find it hard to get back in the team. Maybe in January a loan might be an option.

For me Goalkeeper is the paramount position. I think we should try and buy.... Adam Federici Who would you have between the sticks? .....be sensible

For me Goalkeeper is the paramount position. I think we should try and buy.... Adam Federici Who would you have between the sticks? .....be sensible

Our best chance of getting a quality goalkeeper is, I'm afraid, the loan market.

(A Premier League or Championship club should relish the opportunity to give an upcoming player plenty of practice and experience.)

I would buy the John Beck Cambridge United highlights 1990 dvd , give it to Sol and tell him to teach his players how to kick a ball further than 5 yards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back