• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butland has been dropped and Federici has been playing for Stoke, why would he want to come here???
Not that it means he’d want to come here but Federici hasn’t played since October. Butland played all of Stoke’s games in November and is number 1 again.

Not that it means he’d want to come here but Federici hasn’t played since October. Butland played all of Stoke’s games in November and is number 1 again.
Even if he did want to come here Federici is still their second choice. Given that you can't recall outside the transfer window anymore it would be a massive gamble for a club to assume that their first choice keeper won't be injured or suspended at any point this season and therefore the backup keeper isn't needed.

As ex players seem to be getting mentioned, why not try and get Dru back on loan until the end of the season. Nowhere near the first team at the mo and has scored (yes scored) a few goals for the under 23/Brentford B.

As ex players seem to be getting mentioned, why not try and get Dru back on loan until the end of the season. Nowhere near the first team at the mo and has scored (yes scored) a few goals for the under 23/Brentford B.

He left for Brentford because his career had stalled with us. They certainly won't send him back.

If I was the academy manager of a premier league club Southend would be the last place I’d be looking to send my young players.

It’s not a learning environment and that’s ultimately what I’d be looking to do with them.

A team bereft of confidence, a new coaching staff that to some extent is untested and untried, a team bottom of its league shipping goals and not creating chances and to top it all hardly a squad full of experienced pros setting a great example or a great environment for them to follow good examples.

If I was the academy manager of a premier league club Southend would be the last place I’d be looking to send my young players.

It’s not a learning environment and that’s ultimately what I’d be looking to do with them.

A team bereft of confidence, a new coaching staff that to some extent is untested and untried, a team bottom of its league shipping goals and not creating chances and to top it all hardly a squad full of experienced pros setting a great example or a great environment for them to follow good examples.
If I was an academy manager these would be the things I'd be looking for:
- regular playing time
- decent coaching and management
- that the player will be supported and be part of a team playing/behaving in the right way
- that it'll be easy to go to watch the player

On most of those things I'm pretty sure we'd deliver. The main question is the squad and what they'd be coming into, and that's down to the manager to sell it, because it's not particularly unusual to join a squad in this kind of disarray, and it'd be a good test of character to come into it.

Incidentally, I wonder how Man Utd are viewing things with Hamilton - he's a pretty highly rated player and Man Utd couldn't give two ****s about our results, it's the minutes and experience that counts and I expect that Hamilton is learning loads, even if he's not really contributing in the way we hoped he might have

The number 4 playing for maldon on bbc looks good

Any Maldon player looking even half decent will end up at Col U.

The chairman / owner of Col U owns or controls M&T.

Their manager has an office at the Col U training ground and is an ex player and previous 23s manager.

2/3 of their youth team are on loan at M&T at the moment and 1/2 of M&T players train full time at Col U already.

If I was an academy manager these would be the things I'd be looking for:
- regular playing time
- decent coaching and management
- that the player will be supported and be part of a team playing/behaving in the right way
- that it'll be easy to go to watch the player

On most of those things I'm pretty sure we'd deliver. The main question is the squad and what they'd be coming into, and that's down to the manager to sell it, because it's not particularly unusual to join a squad in this kind of disarray, and it'd be a good test of character to come into it.

Incidentally, I wonder how Man Utd are viewing things with Hamilton - he's a pretty highly rated player and Man Utd couldn't give two ****s about our results, it's the minutes and experience that counts and I expect that Hamilton is learning loads, even if he's not really contributing in the way we hoped he might have

Ask Leicester how they feel about the playing time Layton Ndukwu has had.....

No one has any real idea of the quality of coaching and management they’d receive.

I think we all know if the team / squad are playing / behaving the right way. See Harry Lennon thread ?

Any team is east to watch. Recruitment have regional staff everywhere.

I agree it would be a good test of character, but as far as I can see that’s all we can offer as a guarantee.

I’d be shocked if Hamilton was that highly rated. Man Us best 21 year olds are in their first team and their best 17 year olds are in their 23s.....if they want a top talent out on loan he’d go to a Championship side....League 1 would be a last resort let alone two seasons in a row.

Ask Leicester how they feel about the playing time Layton Ndukwu has had.....

No one has any real idea of the quality of coaching and management they’d receive.

I think we all know if the team / squad are playing / behaving the right way. See Harry Lennon thread ?

Any team is east to watch. Recruitment have regional staff everywhere.

I agree it would be a good test of character, but as far as I can see that’s all we can offer as a guarantee.

I’d be shocked if Hamilton was that highly rated. Man Us best 21 year olds are in their first team and their best 17 year olds are in their 23s.....if they want a top talent out on loan he’d go to a Championship side....League 1 would be a last resort let alone two seasons in a row.
The fact he didn't get much time says it all... did we see anything that suggested he was ready for this level? It was his first loan experience, so it wasn't like he came to us having done well at L2 or non-league level.

The fact he didn't get much time says it all... did we see anything that suggested he was ready for this level? It was his first loan experience, so it wasn't like he came to us having done well at L2 or non-league level.

That’s my point....

Is Ted Smith still at Spurs ?
Better than the 2 playing currently.
Sorry, disagree
Ted was a bundle of nerves, last game I saw him play was against Pompey in the Checkatrade trophy, he looked like he didn’t want to be there.

Bishop is a much better keeper, and I hear Harry Seadon is a even better prospect.

I’d like Matt Macey on loan from Arsenal, he’s mid 20s and 6’7” would do a job until end of the season.

Because he is better than anything we have in that position, has power and comfortable on the ball, probably only a year behind Tomori, but as I said earlier I think Chelsea would be looking at a higher level than us, probably Championship.

Any Maldon player looking even half decent will end up at Col U.

The chairman / owner of Col U owns or controls M&T.

Their manager has an office at the Col U training ground and is an ex player and previous 23s manager.

2/3 of their youth team are on loan at M&T at the moment and 1/2 of M&T players train full time at Col U already.

I thought the comparative ease with which Newport kept their front three quiet shows how big the gap is to a Football League side with a bit of defensive nous and why they haven't had a chance higher, or where they have, they've not made it.

In that regard, I thought Inniss was excellent last night.
Off the pitch problems perhaps partially excuse all those on here who couldn’t see how good he was with us. Defensive mastermind Ro y Hodgson hasn’t been tempted to release him at Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back