• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree to a certain extent, however, you’ve got to understand that it’s difficult for people who have been told stories, to remain quiet.

Especially when those stories involve players who are being lauded left, right and centre.

Simon Cox is a perfect example of this. It’s nigh on impossible to sit silently, whilst most fans hold him in such high regard. I see people, (on Twitter, more than here, tbf) treating him like some kind of messiah, and one of my biggest gripes, is that he was supposedly a consummate professional, who always gave his all, which is of course, a load of bollocks.

As Rigsby said, knowledge is a dangerous thing, on here.

Edit: we’re signing John Akinde

Can i ask where you have seen this? There is a quality player still in there, was on fire when at Barnet, seems to have lost his way a little at Lincoln.

Can i ask where you have seen this? There is a quality player still in there, was on fire when at Barnet, seems to have lost his way a little at Lincoln.

I made it up, so my post had relevance to this thread. Same with the Payne one.

Shhh. Don’t tell the mods. :Thumbs up:

Agree to a certain extent, however, you’ve got to understand that it’s difficult for people who have been told stories, to remain quiet.

Especially when those stories involve players who are being lauded left, right and centre.

Simon Cox is a perfect example of this. It’s nigh on impossible to sit silently, whilst most fans hold him in such high regard. I see people, (on Twitter, more than here, tbf) treating him like some kind of messiah, and one of my biggest gripes, is that he was supposedly a consummate professional, who always gave his all, which is of course, a load of bollocks.

As Rigsby said, knowledge is a dangerous thing, on here.

Edit: we’re signing John Akinde
Akinde signed for gillingham didnt he?

I do agree but in essence what they you say actually also means those who pass on to forum members shouldn’t do so for that reason. I dont have an issue as I posted earlier just saying I understand why people question and get frustrated

Akinde signed for gillingham didnt he?

I do agree but in essence what they you say actually also means those who pass on to forum members shouldn’t do so for that reason. I dont have an issue as I posted earlier just saying I understand why people question and get frustrated

Yep, I fully agree. I’ve been on here about 12 years, and have seen an untold amount of rumours, stories, anecdotes etc etc, in that time, and I know exactly how frustrating it can be, when someone won’t reveal what they know, or who told them. Absolutely agree on that point.

All I can say is, sometimes, all that person ITK can do though, is give numerous hints & some obvious clues, in the hope that posters can piece the bits together themselves. That’s the only way you can inform, without actually informing, if that makes sense.

Riles me up, seeing people sing the praises of a player, without knowing how that player effectively shat on the club.

Edit: Lee Sawyer is fIt again, and looking for a new club, following his release from Belmarsh United F.C.

Ron has been seen cruising the Bentley down the A206, in a swaggering fashion. Make of it what you will.

As for signings its my belief that none will be signed in this window, i think Sol and RM are resigned to relegation ,therefore i believe Sol will use the remainder of the season to give some of our young lads some experience and gauge whether they will be staters or backup players next season in league 2 , but i do think the off season is going to be exciting in the way of signings.

If Kiernan has gone, we have to sign a centre back. We have John White fit, that’s it.

We need 3 at minimum as having no left back we can’t play 4 at the back either.

We could probably make do in other positions, but you can’t play 16 games with only 6 defenders in the squad, one of which is playing in midfield (Demi), another two are midfielders playing in defence (Dieng and Macca) and another who is a youngster who at the moment isn’t quite good enough (Taylor). We could easily concede another 50 goals.

What's happened to Shaugnessy and Kyprianou

Kyprianou was meant to start back training in December but that’s all gone quiet.

Shaughnessy is out for over a month with a knee injury.

It’s deafly silent in regards to those two and also Lewis Gard, thought he was due back soon.

Wonder if now some of the negativity has left the squad will there be a good player in there in Shaugnessy and surely hes been out for longer than a month already? Strangely quiet. Thought Kyprianou was near fit 2 weeks ago?

Commuted - reduce a judicial sentence to a less severe one ( especially a death sentence)

So let him play with another centre half who is not trying to kill him......

No point in saying such and such is a good player if they spend all their time in the treatment room. We need fit players who can last 90mins.

Guessing no activity this weekend which will mean we have 5 days to get in at least 2 CB's, a CM, a ST and a Winger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back