• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was

Yeah, I'll correct you. The game you're talking about was in the League cup v Bristol City.

His debut was actually 3 days before against Stockport. Prosser was complete gash, especially in the first half.

Blair Sturrock scored a last minute equaliser in that game, a 1-1 draw where only Anthony Grant was known to the home fans. I remember a section of the West stand singing "Who are ya, who are ya" at our own players...
Thanks for the info, Stockport County hope we don’t follow them but at least their on the way up, still with good attendances even being close to Manchester . Could play them in League 2 next season

Sign a couple of moderators this January. Players can wait till the summer.

We need to ship out the underperforming posters first.

I can only think that over time you've forgotten how bad a defender Prosser was, I'm surprised he is still playing league football. I do agree with your sentiment of a no nonsense defender, doesn't have to be a takes the ball out from the back, sprays it about, technical player. For League 2 we need a strong in the air, puts his head in where it hurts and a vocal encouraging organiser ie. a Peter Clarke, Efe Sodje type would be very welcome as is sorely missed since Barrett departed.

You’ve just described Prosser. Where he was - and no doubt still is - lacking was the spraying the ball around bit that you think isn’t necessary for L2.

I’m not at all surprised he’s still in the league and going strong.

78 pages of this....does anyone genuinely think we are going to sign anyone.......

Yes.

I thought it was

Yeah, I'll correct you. The game you're talking about was in the League cup v Bristol City.

His debut was actually 3 days before against Stockport. Prosser was complete gash, especially in the first half.

Blair Sturrock scored a last minute equaliser in that game, a 1-1 draw where only Anthony Grant was known to the home fans. I remember a section of the West stand singing "Who are ya, who are ya" at our own players...

You’re actually thinking of the Port Vale game when he had a shocker against his old club in his second or third home game. Sadly many people never got past one bad performance early on in his career and their opinions were formed. See also Ladapo.

Posters who can’t deal with multiquote are exactly the type of underperforming poster to be shipped out.

To quote properly ensure the quote starts with (quote)
and ends with
(/quote)

But use square brackets [ ] instead of round brackets ( )

We need to ship out the underperforming posters first.

You’ve just described Prosser. Where he was - and no doubt still is - lacking was the spraying the ball around bit that you think isn’t necessary for L2.

I’m not at all surprised he’s still in the league and going strong.

Yes.

You’re actually thinking of the Port Vale game when he had a shocker against his old club in his second or third home game. Sadly many people never got past one bad performance early on in his career and their opinions were formed. See also Ladapo.

Maybe. Happy for my correction to be corrected.

Posters who can’t deal with multiquote are exactly the type of underperforming poster to be shipped out.

To quote properly ensure the quote starts with (quote)
and ends with
(/quote)

But use square brackets [ ] instead of round brackets ( )
I think you'll find Rigsby is contracted until 2023 and is on a hefty wage. He can't simply be 'shipped out'. He also has to want to leave. Tsk, more rumours!!

I think you'll find Rigsby is contracted until 2023 and is on a hefty wage. He can't simply be 'shipped out'. He also has to want to leave. Tsk, more rumours!!
Rigsby has constantly been a reliable performer, he has had a few wobbles when we we used to play politics but on club footie stuff he has been a stalwart.

Rigsby has constantly been a reliable performer, he has had a few wobbles when we we used to play politics but on club footie stuff he has been a stalwart.

I thought he did Ok when he was forced to play left wing, but he’s naturally more suited to the right, which is where he’s at his best.

i played most of my career on the left as i am naturally left sided. The problem is no one listens on that wing and they are obsessed with shooting the messenger.

No one can claim i didn't warn them about the big blonde centre forward. If you look at their list of January targets they are destined to L2 and may never come back.

I thought he did Ok when he was forced to play left wing, but he’s naturally more suited to the right, which is where he’s at his best.

So if he can use his left and his right then this would explain why he goes in two footed some times.:Winking:

I know that we are not an attractive proposition on paper.

But we need to go back to the model that got us from no players to a comparative team under Sturrock.

Let's look for honest pros who's hearts will be In the best interest if the club.

Those decent enough for league 2 and 100% committed to the cause.

Just honest dedicated pros. That's what the fans want. Not overpaid primadonas.

The likes of Pettifer, Hunt, Barrett, Atkinson, Timlin, etc etc .

They are the players we need at this time.

I know that we are not an attractive proposition on paper.

But we need to go back to the model that got us from no players to a comparative team under Sturrock.

Let's look for honest pros who's hearts will be In the best interest if the club.

Those decent enough for league 2 and 100% committed to the cause.

Just honest dedicated pros. That's what the fans want. Not overpaid primadonas.

The likes of Pettifer, Hunt, Barrett, Atkinson, Timlin, etc etc .

They are the players we need at this time.

Both Ron and various management teams have been trying their absolute best to achieve the first part of this plan.

Sadly for all their effort we have seen nothing but criticism from some fans.....A little patience and we will get there

Both Ron and various management teams have been trying their absolute best to achieve the first part of this plan.

Sadly for all their effort we have seen nothing but criticism from some fans.....A little patience and we will get there

True but for a long time now we have signed a whole host of overpaid, supposed "names" and it has got us to the point of financial collapse and lacklustre performances.

That has to change. You can be successful and play attractive football with proper lower league players.

The team that got us promoted as league 1 champions had such a great core of those type of players. Yes we had Bradbury and the goat as names and were lucky with Freddy, but 90% of the team were real gratfters who have there all every week.

How many players do we have like that now?

Maybe John white and Elvis? It's not enough.

Luke has played very well this season for us and has developed a great partnership with Tom Eastman at the heart of our defence. He is also our captain and is always organising and encouraging the other defenders around him.
I kept a close eye on Prosser at Exeter on Saturday— every single forward pass he tried to make,went to the opposition or off the pitch completely—an Exeter fan behind me was heard to shout “you’re costing us a fortune in lost balls,number five “. Eastman looks decent at that level.They only ever threatened with very long throws from the right back.Theo was as useless as ever.

Maybe Ron should concentrate more on paying players on time and not getting taken to court - that may make players a little more keen on signing a contract with Southend eh?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back