• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell took central midfielder Reece Cole on loan from Brentford at Macclesfield last season - he's on loan at Partick Thistle at the moment, but that loan expires at the end of this month.

A potential signing in January? (Possibly on loan).

I'm sure Brentford have another central midfielder that they could loan out too...

Some of us may of heard of him!

Kal Naismith had a shocker for Wigan on Saturday, confidence is rock bottom, he's unlikely to get back into the team/squad. However, he is a decent winger with a good cross. If the club is looking for an L1 team to loan him to, where he'd get minutes to re-build his confidence and performances, then we should take a look.
Not sure that someone with their confidence rock bottom would help us? Isn't that part of the reason we're sat on 5 points?

Not sure that someone with their confidence rock bottom would help us? Isn't that part of the reason we're sat on 5 points?
Confidence can be quickly overcome with a change of scenery, squad, and management. He's a pretty good player for L1 level and really shone in L2 for Portsmouth and so would be worth considering. Problem I expect will be financial.

Campbell took central midfielder Reece Cole on loan from Brentford at Macclesfield last season - he's on loan at Partick Thistle at the moment, but that loan expires at the end of this month.

A potential signing in January? (Possibly on loan).

Sol's signings for Macc

We need to be careful about signings who have already played elsewhere on loan this year - if they've played for their parent club this year, then I don't think they can then play for us as well.

IMO the goalkeeper position should be one of/ if not the main position to be filled. And obviously the midfield and defence before anyone asks.

I’m not much of a poker player but isn’t there a game option where you can throw in your whole hand for a completely fresh draw?

Honestly, could we be in a worse position?

Totally agree. Except Elvis, Hopper, Hump and maybe Coxy, I'd trade the rest in for the local under-11's Sunday side.

I think I might take the passionate ,give all, Pearson, plus Kelleher and Vassall from Macclesfield as a back 3 over ours, especially as all the Macclesfield players havent been paid again and are threatening to strike and not play on Saturday, all 3 on just one year contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back