• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I get it. Maybe it isn't down to the players at all. Maybe we should be looking elsewhere for our suitable scapegoats...

How about:-
The Fossett Farm uncertainty.
The Bury and Bolton situations unsettling the players.
Brexit.
The alignment of the planets.
The Spanish Inquisition.

It might be easier to work out whose fault it was if we imagined it was Colchester United in our predicament. Yes, you've got it, we would say it was the PLAYERS, all of them. And we would be correct.

Last edited:
Oh I get it. Maybe it isn't down to the players at all. Maybe we should be looking elsewhere for our suitable scapegoats...

Brexit.
The Spanish Inquisition.

It might be easier to work out whose fault it was if we imagined it was Colchester United in our predicament. Yes, you've got it, we would say it was the PLAYERS, all of them. And we would be correct.
No politics please.

The Spanish Inquisition.

This is probably the main reason. If we can fire a rocket to glance Venus, get it spinning off it's present course, then results should improve.

As January is just around the corner I was wondering who will be coming into the club but who will be leaving.Frankly no idea who is coming in but who is leaving could be interesting the only one I can see will definitely go will be Milligan as he is far the worse player on the books.Wouldnt be surprised if Lennon is on the list.Other than that it will depend on who will be happy to leave,contract being paid up etc etc.Injury situation being taken into account.

Tough job for Sol to sort out but clearly down to him and Ron to resolve to bring some spark back into a season fast becoming a dead one

As January is just around the corner I was wondering who will be coming into the club but who will be leaving.Frankly no idea who is coming in but who is leaving could be interesting the only one I can see will definitely go will be Milligan as he is far the worse player on the books.Wouldnt be surprised if Lennon is on the list.Other than that it will depend on who will be happy to leave,contract being paid up etc etc.Injury situation being taken into account.

Tough job for Sol to sort out but clearly down to him and Ron to resolve to bring some spark back into a season fast becoming a dead one
Didn’t Milligan have a clause that he will have some sort of coaching role with us in his 2nd year with us ?

Milligan has to be one of the first out the door. The thought of him coaching when all he does is mouth off at the ref every game, no thanks. Thanks for the **** signings Bond you count.

Didn’t Milligan have a clause that he will have some sort of coaching role with us in his 2nd year with us ?

I honestly think the deal was "planned and announced" like that to make sure he got a visa. Apparently he has had a number of previous planned moves to England fall through because he was unable to be granted a visa.

I honestly think the deal was "planned and announced" like that to make sure he got a visa. Apparently he has had a number of previous planned moves to England fall through because he was unable to be granted a visa.

Hmm, where did I put that immigration hotline number? :Smile:

He’ll be straight back in the side tomorrow and I don’t think anyone’s left him out all season (3 diff managers) so he’s rated by someone

Milligan was able to sign for us and not Bolton because Australia have improved in the FIFA World rankings, it has nothing to do with him signing on as a coach when he retires. He's had other moves fall through in the past but the current work permit rules aren't the same as they were back then, Bolton is the only one where he was denied under these rules.

If your national team isn't on average in the top 50 of the FIFA world rankings in the last 2 years then your permit is denied unless you can prove you're a special case (but you need to be worth tens of millions to pass that). Since he last tried to move to England Australia have managed to get into the top 50 and hence he was automatically eligible so long as he played in 75% of his nation's competitive matches in the last 2 years.

1st goal....Defender in front bottles it and sells his keeper a dummy
2nd goal....Keeper looking to command his 6yd box.....And pays the price
3rd goal.....Keeper clearly calls it but again defender sells him a dummy.
etc
etc
Even the last goal the defender is fast asleep as the forward races past him for the rebound.

Yes a lot of goals look like the ones we concede because to leak over 50 goals you have to be a poor team with no confidence and several of your players not taking any responsibility. Of course the fans do those players a real favour if they blame goal keepers and managers.

Last edited:
1st goal....Defender in front bottles it and sells his keeper a dummy
2nd goal....Keeper looking to command his 6yd box.....And pays the price
3rd goal.....Keeper clearly calls it but again defender sells him a dummy.
etc
etc
Even the last goal the defender is fast asleep as the forward races past him for the rebound.

Yes a lot of goals look like the ones we concede because to leak over 50 goals you have to be a poor team with no confidence and several of your players not taking any responsibility. Of course the fans do those players a real favour if they blame goal keepers and managers.
I agree with you on goals one and three. Some of the others were howlers, though. Unfortunately I remembered him for our first goal in this game too:
Southend 2-0 Northampton

So bad that Barry Corr had already turned his back on it and we in the South Upper had to yell at him to turn round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back