• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

January Transfer Window Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Ok, before the lynch mob descends on my front garden I know this is a month in advance :Smile:

However, with Ron’s statement in the Echo the other week and question marks beginning to genuinely appear over specific players’ futures this can now be a good home for debate over the next 5 weeks and during January.

If nothing else it’ll help the mods by providing a home for the expected deluge of Echo reports on this and that with a January window tinge to it!

So, to kick things off what would be your priorities in January in terms of - let’s say - 2 or 3 departures and perhaps a similar amount of positions to strengthen?

Can you replace a whole squad in a window?

Someone in midfield who can put in a decent tackle and pick a pass.
Also, someone who is a captain and leader (not necessarily the same person as above).

Same as last two seasons 2x 6'4" centre halves please a la Sol Campbell would be nice
+ one tigerish midfielder a la Peter Butler.
That's all

Goalie, 2 centre-halves, left back, winger, centre-mid - all first XI quality.
Additional squad players to make up shortfall in numbers of any that leave.

Same as last two seasons 2x 6'4" centre halves please a la Sol Campbell would be nice
+ one tigerish midfielder a la Peter Butler.
That's all

There was an interesting interview with Rio Ferdinand a while back where he talked about the success of Manchester United and he mentioned it was built on the success of small triangles throughout the pitch.

For example, the value of two centre-halves and a goalkeeper working and understanding each other as a team of three, or two centre-halves and a holding midfielder working as a triangle together.

I agree with you on the above. To get the balance right in terms of defending, it's important the three above are as solid as possible and organised together, so that should be a priority in terms of recruitment or gelling what we already have.

So, who is likely to be made available for transfer/loan,?
For me it will be Oxley, Demi, Kiernan, Lennon, Hyam, Theo (or is he due to stay ar ColU for the season?) plus Ndokwu back to Leicester. Assuming Ridgewell will already have gone.

I just hope we get some business done early to help integrate any new players into the team as soon as possible and have them for as many games as possible to maximise our Great Escape attempt.

I just hope we get some business done early to help integrate any new players into the team as soon as possible and have them for as many games as possible to maximise our Great Escape attempt.

That just reminded me of seasons past - wonder if the Club will resurrect this music on matchdays if things get close ?

A Goalkeeper
Right back
2 CB’s
Left Back
2 wingers
2 CM’s
2 Strikers

That’s about it

A big, imposing ******* of a centre half.

Unlikely given how Sol likes people who can play football- there may be a 6'5" dominant in the air footballing CB out there looking to ply his trade in L1- but like 6'5" dominant in the air footballing CF more likely a league or two higher given they are like hens teeth. Can you imagine playing like we did against AFC but with Bolger in for Dieng? My heart wouldn't take it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back