• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

Joel Lynch incoming

and he was on LinkedIn as well lol

Interesting article here.
He left QPR as they could afford him/what he wanted in their budget
Offered a 2 year deal with Sunderland. Would only sign a one year as he thought they would get promotion and then he could get a better wage in the Championship.
Talk about L1 L2 being really tough at the moment- £1k a week often at most, and longer cheaper options sought after

Given the above we are an obvious dream move!!!

TBF it shows how the current situation has completely stood the market in the lower leagues on its head. Basically if we are paying more than £1k a week for an experienced defender then we are in the game..

Would be a very good signing and a surprise

I imagine Lennon will be gone soon
Let's only hope, one of Powell's signings and has been very underwhelming. A young Shaun Hobson has come in and shown that positioning is more important than pace, which Lennon didn't seem to understand.

Three months ago we were lacking experience. Now we’ve got a few experienced heads around the place. Let’s be a little careful we don’t overload on the over 30s.

Don’t want to get your hopes up too much, but we’ve just released Josh Wright...

Curious to know what happened with Josh? Last season he seemed like an integral part of your first eleven, chipping in with a good few goals.
All of a sudden he's been cast aside.
Mind you, he never seems to stay anywhere longer than 12-18 months.

Curious to know what happened with Josh? Last season he seemed like an integral part of your first eleven, chipping in with a good few goals.

He was an integral part of our side last season. One of the main reasons that we’re less sh*te this season. Just not up to it. He’d be more suited to joining the cast of TOWIE than getting another club.

Are loanee wannabes and short term contract has beens the only players within target range for us now ?

Just hope we don’t go back into a the financial circle we seem to get into. Mass clear out, sign loads of players, sign old crocks, mass clear out repeat!
It appears, & hopefully will continue to be the case, that MM is going for older players on short term deals only, using their experience of the game to hopefully keep us up whilst also nurturing the youngsters to bring their game on.
Surely we’ve learnt the lessons from the past by now, I would have thought Rons bank balance is in tatters with all the ‘mutual agreement’ pay offs!?

Last edited:

Judging by MM's response in The Echo to speculation about Ricky Holmes, it sounds like MM has very "specific" ideas about his transfer targets and will not changing his priorities just because someone says they want to play for the club.

Our last signing was for 18 months (Walsh).
I thought our last signing was Reeco on loan ? Good point though YB. Walsh had slipped my mind. My comment though was focused more at the clamour of some for the likes of Holmes, Lynch and even Ranger. We’ve recently signed Halford. Maybe the general issue is cost then. Loanees (Reeco), youngsters with zero league experience (Walsh) and out of contract old guys willing to play for nothing (Halford). Anyone on a contract at a League Club is earning more than the market value in the new normal so in general that is the pool of players available to us.

He was an integral part of our side last season. One of the main reasons that we’re less sh*te this season. Just not up to it. He’d be more suited to joining the cast of TOWIE than getting another club.
[/QUOTE

Seems like he's going to make it a real family affair by joining his brother Mark at Crawley today!

I thought our last signing was Reeco on loan ? Good point though YB. Walsh had slipped my mind. My comment though was focused more at the clamour of some for the likes of Holmes, Lynch and even Ranger. We’ve recently signed Halford. Maybe the general issue is cost then. Loanees (Reeco), youngsters with zero league experience (Walsh) and out of contract old guys willing to play for nothing (Halford). Anyone on a contract at a League Club is earning more than the market value in the new normal so in general that is the pool of players available to us.

It's part of the nature of supporting a lower league club that fans clamour for older high profile players or former players. The key reason being that most supporters at this level, myself included, know relatively little about players in other teams because of the lack of blanket media coverage etc that you would get in the Premier League.

So naturally people will be keen to champion the players they have actually heard of.

Josh wright.
He's a player with good close control of the ball, but seemed to Just trot about shirking tackles most games I saw. Could thread a pass sometimes but usually across the field in trotting mode. I seem to recall his attitude towards the end was bad - an issue around not wanting to play once he thought mistakenly he'd triggered his extension, but turned out hadnt.
Not a player you'd want in a relegation fight.

Back