• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

Chris Phillips
@CJPhillips1982

Mark Molesley says there is no truth in rumours linking Blues with Omar Rowe.

It's a very positive development - evidence of professionalism and also gives some clues as to where the info may have been coming from before.

It's not greater professionalism but rather another consequence of covid. This will be happening around the country. What we're seeing is the effect of covid bubbles, social distancing, closed pubs etc reducing gossip. There will be less exchange of information within the club too. Admin staff/groundstaff/players/directors/turnstile operators will be mixing a lot less.

Maybe it's slightly magnified at Southend because there is a new recruitment team (Anton Robinson plus Molesley and the Prodomos) who haven't developed the same local connections that they would normally have outside of lockdown. We see that Chris Phillips doesn't have the same flow of information as he hasn't built up those personal connections and trust yet. Zoom only goes so far.

Once we come out of lockdown I'd expect things to change.

It's not greater professionalism but rather another consequence of covid. This will be happening around the country. What we're seeing is the effect of covid bubbles, social distancing, closed pubs etc reducing gossip. There will be less exchange of information within the club too. Admin staff/groundstaff/players/directors/turnstile operators will be mixing a lot less.

Maybe it's slightly magnified at Southend because there is a new recruitment team (Anton Robinson plus Molesley and the Prodomos) who haven't developed the same local connections that they would normally have outside of lockdown. We see that Chris Phillips doesn't have the same flow of information as he hasn't built up those personal connections and trust yet. Zoom only goes so far.

Brilliant theory and is full of logic and common sense based on the pre Covid flow of information on many things and for many seasons from many posters.......but it’s much funnier and easier to blame Hutchinson.

Stuff is still coming out of other clubs at quite a rate so I wouldn't put it all down to covid. Change of backroom staff I certainly agree will play a part, I wasn't like some other posters trying to pin the tail on a particular person, but collectively you would think those that remain and are new, both on the pitch and off it, will have bought more closely into the project and will likely have greater motivation to be discreet.

I still think we need an striker, similar to Barry Corr before the Grimsby game or Bradford next weekend as we don’t have anyone to bring off the bench so we don’t have to use R. Taylor up front lol.

Brilliant theory and is full of logic and common sense based on the pre Covid flow of information on many things and for many seasons from many posters.......but it’s much funnier and easier to blame Hutchinson.
Hutchinson also guilty of pressurising the MAGA support to launch the coup on the US Capitol - it wasn’t trump. It was as a cleverly disguised as Diengs through ball to cox a couple of years ago.

It's a very positive development - evidence of professionalism and also gives some clues as to where the info may have been coming from before.
or maybe lockdown means meeting up with people isn't easy currently. Whether it's close friends or close family. And I would want to be pestering either for football info at the moment - there's too much else of concern going on. though i could if I wanted of course. ?

Back